Teamviewer

Heya, does anyone else use teamviewer?
http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

I find it absolutely invaluable, and it is free for noncommercial use. It lets you control someone else's computer based on a 4 digit pin that changes automatically. It's a good product.
For the remote support I need to do we just use Sonicwall SSLVPN (since all the sites have a Sonicwall device installed). Only problem is that my Mac desktop wants to use the Java client - with the associated Java slow loading on the Mac Mini (no to mention I have to do it in Safari). When I need to I just kick over to the Dell desktop and use the ActiveX client selection that is set up in the menu.
Once I get my Surface Pro 2 (in about 1.5 weeks) it will be nice.

For the other they use GoToMyPC usually.

Last edited:
I think that the GF is the perfect use case for the app. She may not know what Java is, but this is just a single download and installation has always been easy for the people I've helped. Plus performance is super high, perhaps because it runs natively or because it is optimized for just one specific task. I often use it for training staff while on the phone with them.

I use it to help my dad with his computer related questions and problems. :D
We use a combination of Skype and TeamViewer. Both are awesome tools to remotely help someone.

Yea, I use it a lot too. :) Especially to help tweaking my friends and family members' laptop and even their android phones. Very useful!

I have it installed on my brother and mothers computer, for when they run into problems, lol, it's an awesome tool.

Top Bottom