Tapatalk notifications

RichDevman

Since moving to Xenforo Tapatalk has been sending random notifications. Some of them are from very old posts. Has this happened to anyone else?

I know Tapatalk is not really needed but some of our members use it so we would like to keep it.

Thanks

Tapatalk is a security risk and I recommend everyone get rid of it as soon as possible. In the past, Tapatalk has had such highlights as letting members read each others' private messages, allowing banned members to post, and more. Here's a list of current known security issues: https://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-13774/Tapatalk.html

Also, the advent of push notifications and responsive design have kind of made Tapatalk pretty useless as far as offered features, and the whole concept of them ripping your content out of your forum and putting it on a third party platform you don't control is kind of mind-boggling anyway. Based on what I've seen on this forum, most of the other users here who used to use it have left it behind years ago. Please consider just getting rid of it.

I don't see any vulnerability that is more recent than 2017.

I agree that it is not needed these days with reflexive styling but many users still use it because they can have all forums in one place among other reasons. I also like to have my sites listed on the app stores.

I am looking for an alternative though that isn't too expensive.

Thanks

Top Bottom