TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox [Deleted]

We've purchased TaigaChat Pro yesterday and installed it on our testing system. I love it great job @Luke Foreman :)

I especially like the sidebar-widget in the forum-list, which will make it easy for new users, to quickly ask noob-questions and get help from the community.

If you once find the time, to include a few separated chatrooms, we would completely happy.

hi all

is it possible to set the inputfield below the chatbox , and the newest post ist in the chatbox above??

greetz

i am using taiga shoutbox pro and i need Bot for shoutbox , bot will make hourly warning or advertisement,and maybe it can work with little data bank about response some words.
example:
user : how can i upgrade my membership ?
bot will pick up theese words = upgrade , membership (data bank include some words about forum content and paste them as a link)

BOT : http://yourdomain.com/index.php?account/upgrades

is it possible ? or any solutions already exist about this ?

Good luck! This & MANY great suggestions have been made. The generic reply will be "We may implement this in a future release". Luke tends to answer the support questions & leaves the suggestions unanswered (I have 3 hooray!). It unfortunate, I love the shoutbox but it needs new features to keep it afloat. Just wishing another dev would join the shoutbox scene. Cometchat is junk.

There is an issue when you enable the feature showing thread posts in the shoutbox. When a user clicks the thread link from the shoutbox it occasionally logs them out when it redirects to the thread and they have to log back in to post. Hope we can get a quick fix for this...

There is an issue when you enable the feature showing thread posts in the shoutbox. When a user clicks the thread link from the shoutbox it occasionally logs them out when it redirects to the thread and they have to log back in to post. Hope we can get a quick fix for this...
Be sure you have chosen main url version.
Either redirect all request to www. or non www url.

You don't have BD widget addon?

I figured it out.. The directions said to import the widget. I did that and got the error message.

It appears that the widget was already added by the addon script?

There doesnt seem to be a need to import the widget.

I installed TinyMCE Quattro and its wysiwyg bbcodes and got the error.
cclaerhout looked down and wrote:
You've two JS errors that need to be fixed:

The first one is relative to the Taigachat addon. Try to update to a more recent version
TypeError: $balloon.data(...) is undefined
').css('cursor', 'pointer').html($balloon.data('text').replace(/%d/, newDifference)).click(function(e)" class="errorSourceCode ">...).css('cursor', 'pointer').html($balloon.data('text').replace(/%d/, newDifferenc...
taigac...977845a (ligne 124)

I have the latest version
TaigaChat Pro

@Luke Foreman: I've tried to fusion the sidebar widgets for Users Online and Sidebar Chat, but I've failed so far.

For so far, I've done this to the templates:

1. I've modified the "dark_taigachat_chatbox" by replacing
Code:
<div id='taigachat_box'
with
Code:
<xen:if is="{$taigachat.online.records}">
            <a href='{xen:link '{$taigachat.route}'}'>{xen:phrase dark_members_in_chat}</a>
            <xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">
                <xen:if hascontent="true">
                <h4 class="minorHeading"><a href="{xen:link account/following}">{xen:phrase people_you_follow}:</a></h4>
                <ul class="followedOnline">
                    <xen:contentcheck>
                        <xen:foreach loop="$taigachat.online.records" value="$user">
                            <xen:if is="{$user.followed}">
                                <li title="{$user.username}" class="Tooltip"><xen:avatar user="$user" size="s" img="true" class="_plainImage" /></li>
                            </xen:if>
                        </xen:foreach>
                    </xen:contentcheck>
                </ul>
                <h4 class="minorHeading"><a href="{xen:link members}">{xen:phrase members}:</a></h4>
            <ol class="listInline">
                <xen:foreach loop="$taigachat.online.records" value="$user" i="$i">
                    <xen:if is="{$i} <= {$taigachat.online.limit}">
                        <li>
                        <xen:if is="{$user.user_id}">
                            <a href="{xen:link members, $user}"
                                class="username{xen:if '!{$user.visible}', ' invisible'}{xen:if {$user.followed}, ' followed'}">{xen:helper richUsername, $user}</a><xen:if is="{$i} < {$taigachat.online.total}">,</xen:if>
                        <xen:else />
                            {xen:phrase guest}<xen:if is="{$i} < {$taigachat.online.limit}">,</xen:if>
                        </li>
                </xen:foreach>
                <xen:if is="{$taigachat.online.recordsUnseen}">
                    <li class="moreLink">...</li>
            </ol>
        <div id='taigachat_box'

By now, it is already displaying the list in the full sized shoutbox. Fully working and everything but it still refuses to show up in the sidebar.

2. I've tried to remove the wrapping
Code:
<xen:if is="{$taigachat.online.records}">
but by then, it failed to render completely when in "Sidebar Mode", throwing the error message:
Code:
Template Errors: dark_taigachat
Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/inferior/public_html/internal_data/templates/S.23,L.2,dark_taigachat.php, line 1437
Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/inferior/public_html/internal_data/templates/S.23,L.2,dark_taigachat.php, line 1475
By then, I tried to look deeper into the Users in Chat sidebar widget, but when it came to mapping and stuff, I've failed to proceed further. Any idea how to get the code above to work for the sidebar chat widget?

works fine for me:

6kple.png

6kpme.png

you may want to install http://xenforo.com/community/resources/bd-widget-framework.297/

then import widget_framework_taigachat_pro.xml inside the admin panel-->Appearance-->Widgets

then enable the side bar and the shout box within the forums nodes the display/order should be -10

as for side bar can be in any order u want... i prefer having sb as a widget then doing every thing manually though template modification

Really Like this addon, another great works.

I found a small bug, in that when i display the shoutbox sidebar, and members in chat sidebar, the links to the main shoutbox page works.

If i disable the shoutbox sidebar, and only keep the members in chat, the url changes to the root page of my domain.

Was hoping to use just the members in chat sidebar, and encourage members to go to the shoutbox to chat, plus when i keep the shoutbox clients off of the main front page, "the members in chat"more accurately reflects people in the shoutbox.

Currently it's not possible to display the members in chat widget without also having the shoutbox on the same page.

As a simple solution, you can hide the shoutbox with CSS

i am using taiga shoutbox pro and i need Bot for shoutbox , bot will make hourly warning or advertisement,and maybe it can work with little data bank about response some words.
example:
user : how can i upgrade my membership ?
bot will pick up theese words = upgrade , membership (data bank include some words about forum content and paste them as a link)

BOT : http://yourdomain.com/index.php?account/upgrades

is it possible ? or any solutions already exist about this ?

It's quite easy to create a bot that integrates with TaigaChat - just access the database directly. If you want to use speed mode, call this script (requires Kotomi) when there are new messages added by the bot:

Code:
<?php

$startTime = microtime(true);
$kotomi_indexFile = "./";
$kotomi_container = false;
$fileDir = dirname(__FILE__)."/{$kotomi_indexFile}";
require "{$fileDir}/library/Dark/Kotomi/KotomiHeader.php";

$taigaModel = XenForo_Model::create("Dark_TaigaChat_Model_TaigaChat");
$taigaModel->regeneratePublicHtml();
exit;

Is it possible to run the prune command from a Cron job? The chat on my site is best gone every morning as it is often not suitable for daytime consumption. I need a virtual equivalent of the morning clean up of a lively pub.

(I should add: truly great mod. We've been missing this since Flashchat went out of use a few years ago and have tried loads of different systems - cometchat,arrowchat,123Flashchat and other VBulletin specific ones. I haven't gone fully live with Taigachat yet, but I'm really impressed)

You could edit the existing daily archive cron to also prune the shoutbox - in library/dark/taigachat/model/taigachat.php, remove the text: where date < @goat

hi all

is it possible to set the inputfield below the chatbox , and the newest post ist in the chatbox above??

greetz

You can do this by swapping the $taigachat.reverse conditions appropriately in template dark_taigachat_chatbox

I installed TinyMCE Quattro and its wysiwyg bbcodes and got the error.
cclaerhout looked down and wrote:

The first one is relative to the Taigachat addon. Try to update to a more recent version
').css('cursor', 'pointer').html($balloon.data('text').replace(/%d/, newDifference)).click(function(e)" class="errorSourceCode ">...).css('cursor', 'pointer').html($balloon.data('text').replace(/%d/, newDifferenc...

I have the latest version
TaigaChat Pro

Can you link me to where this occurs?

I can give you access to the forum. I don't know where to look for the error.
I have only from @cclaerhout:

The second one is related to the bd tagme addon. Try to contact Ragtek to have more information. But it looks the addon is enable but its plugin is missing. You can try to disable the bdtagme addon at the moment.
Failed to load: http://forum.xxx.su/js/sedo/tinyquattro/tinymce/plugins/bdtagme/plugin.min.js

Last edited:
I had an idea to add on for a future release to see what you think, like me there are no forums having smileys different from XenForo, and would be great the power to choose which smiley or smilie show in chat or not to remove those that are very large.

My members are coming from vBulletin and are really fond of having the ability to press the bold icon once and then have all of their messages bolded. We have a member that has poor vision and the bold helps a lot for her to read.

Is it possible to have this coded in a way that everything typed out is bolded automatically?

Top Bottom