TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox [Deleted]

Hi,

today I’ve tried to insert a chatbox in a single forums sidebar.

<xen:if is="{$forum.node_id} == 7">
<xen:hook name="dark_taigachat_full" params="{xen:array 'room=2'}" />
</xen:if>

(ad_sidebar_below_visitor_panel - template)

which basically works fine. I love this solution with taigachat. But unfortunately I have some minor CSS issues.

1: the shoutbox is 600px high, although I’ve defined 300px in the admin settings. With firebug I can see this:

#taigachat_full #taigachat_box {
font-size: 13px;
height: 600px;
margin: 0 auto 10px;
width: 97%;
}

so the admin settings are not used here. However, when I use the basic widget to show a shoutbox then the height is fine

2: the input field is to narrow.

<input type="text" placeholder="Enter message..." maxlength="400" class="textCtrl" id="taigachat_message" style="width: 24px;“>

you can see a style command style="width: 24px;“. I’m not quite sure where this comes from.

What can I do? Any ideas?
Bildschirmfoto 2014-08-16 um 14.24.10.webp
Regards, rhodes

Hi,

today I’ve tried to insert a chatbox in a single forums sidebar.

<xen:if is="{$forum.node_id} == 7">
<xen:hook name="dark_taigachat_full" params="{xen:array 'room=2'}" />

(ad_sidebar_below_visitor_panel - template)

which basically works fine. I love this solution with taigachat. But unfortunately I have some minor CSS issues.

1: the shoutbox is 600px high, although I’ve defined 300px in the admin settings. With firebug I can see this:

#taigachat_full #taigachat_box {
font-size: 13px;
height: 600px;
margin: 0 auto 10px;
width: 97%;
}

so the admin settings are not used here. However, when I use the basic widget to show a shoutbox then the height is fine

2: the input field is to narrow.

<input type="text" placeholder="Enter message..." maxlength="400" class="textCtrl" id="taigachat_message" style="width: 24px;“>

you can see a style command style="width: 24px;“. I’m not quite sure where this comes from.

What can I do? Any ideas?
View attachment 80791
Regards, rhodes

For a sidebar shoutbox, you want to use hook dark_taigachat not dark_taigachat_full

Not sure if this is just me, but sometimes whenever I click a link within the shoutbox to visit a thread, it logs me out.

Eg; I click
Screenshot_22-24-01.png
"Ban Appeal." and it'll take me to the thread but requires me to sign in? It'll open a new tab and display as if I'm signed out, but whenever I go back to the original tab, I'm still signed in as normal.

This can happen if your forum does not redirect non-www. to www. (or vice-versa) and/or non-https to https (or vice versa)

Your addon works perfectly! I use several shoutboxes in different categories and add them like this:

<xen:if is="{$forum.parent_node_id} == 18">
<xen:hook name="dark_taigachat" params="{xen:array 'room=2'}" />

What I would like to know is if I can set additional params like box hight, box title or MOTD?

Your addon works perfectly! I use several shoutboxes in different categories and add them like this:

<xen:if is="{$forum.parent_node_id} == 18">
<xen:hook name="dark_taigachat" params="{xen:array 'room=2'}" />

What I would like to know is if I can set additional params like box hight, box title or MOTD?
Where did you put this code? Also, What is the "18"? category 18 or forum 18 ?

You should add LIKES or HEARTS to shoutbox posts similar to how the phone app GroupMe works. It wouldnt need to keep track of them, its just for fun, so you can see which posts are instantly popular in the shoutbox!

would be nice to better extend the SB multi room feature rather then a template hook.

such as in the main room if the user has the permission there is a tab on the top of the box something like this SB for vbulitin:

aZqIo.png

an separate Box which only the admin can make.

and possibly the create of private chat rooms a 3rd tab if the user has the permission to they may make as many as they want and only the users who are invited in can chat in them.

+ support for private messaging within the main box meaning the message will only show to that user or users but not not any one else.

like u see in the above image u see those basic users chatting now imagine "/pm IOS6 Test message" a command like that and only IOS6 and the user who sent it will see the message and will show up in the main box but only for them.

would be nice to better extend the SB multi room feature rather then a template hook.

such as in the main room if the user has the permission there is a tab on the top of the box something like this SB for vbulitin:

aZqIo.png

an separate Box which only the admin can make.

and possibly the create of private chat rooms a 3rd tab if the user has the permission to they may make as many as they want and only the users who are invited in can chat in them.

+ support for private messaging within the main box meaning the message will only show to that user or users but not not any one else.

like u see in the above image u see those basic users chatting now imagine "/pm IOS6 Test message" a command like that and only IOS6 and the user who sent it will see the message and will show up in the main box but only for them.
+1

also support for a IRC Like ChatBot would be nice to see in the future
to advertise every x many min
to give out latest news and updates
to say when a user has been banned (there is a third party plugin already for this)

but for giving out reminders such as rules (ChatBot: no spamming, no swearing, no offensive images in the shout box) every few min would be nice or hours...

and would be good for news, updates, announcements, advertisements such as special offers and so on...

i tried to install then got this
Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate column name 'room_id'

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Dark/TaigaChat/Install.php at line 175
  4. Dark_TaigaChat_Install->_installVersion34() in Dark/TaigaChat/Install.php at line 83
  5. Dark_TaigaChat_Install::install()
  6. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 215
  7. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  8. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 187
  9. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/thechakr/public_html/admin.php at line 13

@Luke Foreman im having troubles with the settings to enable forum notifications to pop up within the shout box, it doesnt show who posted what thread and who replied to what thread ect... i had the addon installed by my server but the settings i did myself, i set everything how you shown within the settings pic and still hasnt enabled the feature i most wanted ( shoutbox forum statistics of threads and replies )

i tried to install then got this
Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate column name 'room_id'

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Dark/TaigaChat/Install.php at line 175
  4. Dark_TaigaChat_Install->_installVersion34() in Dark/TaigaChat/Install.php at line 83
  5. Dark_TaigaChat_Install::install()
  6. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 215
  7. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  8. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 187
  9. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/thechakr/public_html/admin.php at line 13

try removing the add one completely and double check within ur database via ssh or myphpadmin and see if there are any tables for TaigaChat if so remove them.

then re install and configure the add one again.

@Luke Foreman im having troubles with the settings to enable forum notifications to pop up within the shout box, it doesnt show who posted what thread and who replied to what thread ect... i had the addon installed by my server but the settings i did myself, i set everything how you shown within the settings pic and still hasnt enabled the feature i most wanted ( shoutbox forum statistics of threads and replies )

the forum notifications will only work on the main one. will not work with any secondary ones or 3rd ones...

also the only notifications that will show are the ones that are public. meaning if you have a VIP section or any private nodes. any new posts/threads made there will not show up as a notification via SB.

"""the forum notifications will only work on the main one. will not work with any secondary ones or 3rd ones..."""

How do i know what one is the main one? the forum notifications are not showing up on any,

Top Bottom