TaigaChat Pro Alert Sound Notification

TaigaChat Pro Alert Sound Notification 1.3

No permission to download
Is there a way to adjust the volume on the sounds without users just adjusting the volume on their computer? The reason I ask is we use the chat while listening or watching a stream at the same time. The sounds plays a lot louder than everything else that is running sound.

You would have to adjust the volume of the sound files themselves for example with Audacity... recall me if you are not able to do this on your own.

Template Errors: forum_list
  1. filemtime(): stat failed for js/dark/taigachat.js in /var/www/vhosts/xxxx/httpdocs/library/Dark/TaigaChat/Helper/Global.php, line 77:
    76: if ($xenOptions['xengalleryForumListRecent'] AND $xenOptions['xengalleryForumListPosition'] == ('top'))
    77: {
    78: $__output .= '

Unfortunately I cannot help you with this problem. Mybe you have copied a line false please check if everything is copied and placed correctly.

As a new person that finally got this working I wanted to point out a step that confused me and resulted in failure for me with this mod.

This step. "Download the resource and upload the files inside the upload folder to your forum's root directory."

When I did that the two files: tcp_sound.mp3 and tcp_sound.ogg ended up in my root directory of the website. In reality they needed to be in the /js/dark folder.

In order for this to work "like other add ons" the download should have those two files also in a /js/dark folder so that when you upload it to your root directory they make it to the right place.

After I moved the files things started working. I hope this little tidbit will help the next person like me who follows directions exactly as written.

ah well i gave up. Everything is set like the instruction and its not working. Too bad no sounds for shoutbox. Thanks anyway
Hi,
when you create the new custom user field, do you use "yes and "no" or "Yes" and "No" or some letters in an other language?

This "yes" in the templates should be the same letters as in your custom field, otherwise it will not run.

<xen:if is="{$visitor.customFields.SoundChat} == 'yes'">

Hi,
when you create the new custom user field, do you use "yes and "no" or "Yes" and "No" or some letters in an other language?

This "yes" in the templates should be the same letters as in your custom field, otherwise it will not run.

<xen:if is="{$visitor.customFields.SoundChat} == 'yes'">
Did not work for me either and I had everything exactly the way it was suppose to be.

I noticed that when I'm on my mobile phone, you can't hear the sound. Is there a way to set it up to be able to get the sound on mobile phones?

Can't get this to work. Can someone please confirm where the sound files should be located. I have them in /js/dark Thanks

I am using it with xf1.4 just fine.
Does this still work with Taigachat 1.4.3? I tried installing it but it doesn't seem to be working for me.

I couldn't find the
var taigachat_hidden, taigachat_visibilityChange;
in the newer version (although this did appear in older versions) so I posted it under

var lastUpdates = [];

instead. Might be the issue though.

Last edited:
I've been trying to install this really wanted mod on my taigachat pro install In the past we used Ajaxchat and that had sounds by default. Users are complaining now that there is no sound/alerts ;)

It looks like the taigachatsound.js is changed/updated....

OPEN YOUR NEW FILE: taigachatSound.js

SEARCH FOR:
Code:
taigachat_lastMessage = new Date().getTime();

ADD AFTER:
Code:
snd.play();

snd2.play();

The code taigachat_lastMessage = new Date().getTime(); isn't anymore. I've tried the code snd.play(); and snd2.play(); on several places, but i can't figure out the correct place.

Can someone please help me?

Regards,

Rene

I've been trying to install this really wanted mod on my taigachat pro install In the past we used Ajaxchat and that had sounds by default. Users are complaining now that there is no sound/alerts ;)

It looks like the taigachatsound.js is changed/updated....

OPEN YOUR NEW FILE: taigachatSound.js

SEARCH FOR:
Code:
taigachat_lastMessage = new Date().getTime();

ADD AFTER:
Code:
snd.play();

snd2.play();

The code taigachat_lastMessage = new Date().getTime(); isn't anymore. I've tried the code snd.play(); and snd2.play(); on several places, but i can't figure out the correct place.

Can someone please help me?

Regards,

Rene

It's changed to:

lastMessage = new Date().getTime();

Okay, thanx for the answer....

And the other?

ADD AFTER:
Code:
var snd = new Audio("tcp_sound.ogg");
var snd2 = new Audio("tcp_sound.mp3");

above isn't present...

What is present is:

------------------------
// workaround xenporta recentthreadsx5 bug
fixBalloonCounter();

if (typeof document.hidden !== "undefined") {
taigachat.hidden = "hidden";
taigachat.visibilityChange = "visibilitychange";
} else if (typeof document.mozHidden !== "undefined") {
taigachat.hidden = "mozHidden";
taigachat.visibilityChange = "mozvisibilitychange";
} else if (typeof document.msHidden !== "undefined") {
taigachat.hidden = "msHidden";
taigachat.visibilityChange = "msvisibilitychange";
} else if (typeof document.webkitHidden !== "undefined") {
taigachat.hidden = "webkitHidden";
taigachat.visibilityChange = "webkitvisibilitychange";
}
-------------------------------

I've tried to put the code

into several places; but no sound... the chat hangs (in the right aboce corner the threes stripes are continuesly "blinking/running") if i put the snd.play(); snd2.play(); in the code.....

Does someone has an idea where the above code can be put to get it to work
Thanx in advance....

Okay, thanx for the answer....

And the other?

ADD AFTER:
Code:

above isn't present...

What is present is:

------------------------
// workaround xenporta recentthreadsx5 bug
fixBalloonCounter();

if (typeof document.hidden !== "undefined") {
taigachat.hidden = "hidden";
taigachat.visibilityChange = "visibilitychange";
} else if (typeof document.mozHidden !== "undefined") {
taigachat.hidden = "mozHidden";
taigachat.visibilityChange = "mozvisibilitychange";
} else if (typeof document.msHidden !== "undefined") {
taigachat.hidden = "msHidden";
taigachat.visibilityChange = "msvisibilitychange";
} else if (typeof document.webkitHidden !== "undefined") {
taigachat.hidden = "webkitHidden";
taigachat.visibilityChange = "webkitvisibilitychange";
}
-------------------------------

I've tried to put the code

into several places; but no sound... the chat hangs (in the right aboce corner the threes stripes are continuesly "blinking/running") if i put the snd.play(); snd2.play(); in the code.....

Does someone has an idea where the above code can be put to get it to work
Thanx in advance....

After var lastUpdates = [];

Top Bottom