• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

TaigaChat - AJAX shoutbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
The popup bug has been reported previously.

Chat permissions are set at user or usergroup level.
If you want to prohibit an individual user from using it, set their permissions accordingly.

Extract the files from the .zip package.

Upload the files to the server.

Browse to the .xml file on your PC, which is in the root folder of the unzipped package - addon-TaigaChat.xml

Ok,

I reinstalled it all to its proper location, but when I try to upload the xml file I get the following message;

Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Table 'dark_taigachat' already exists
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Dark/TaigaChat/Install.php at line 110
  4. Dark_TaigaChat_Install->_installVersion1() in Dark/TaigaChat/Install.php at line 83
  5. Dark_TaigaChat_Install::install() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
  6. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  7. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 180
  8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/cyclingf/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Ok, I got the xml file loaded up properly and the code added in as directed, but I am not seeing the program displayed.
Installation:
  1. Upload contents of upload folder to forum root
  2. Install addon-TaigaChat.xml file
  3. Add the template include code to forum_list either above or below the sidebar_online_users include (whatever you feel looks best):
    Code:
    <xen:include template="dark_taigachat" />
    Or, if you want the shoutbox above or below your forum list, add the following code to forum_list:
    Code:
    <xen:include template="dark_taigachat"><xen:set var="$taigachat_alt">1</xen:set></xen:include>
    Either just before or just after:
    Code:
    <xen:if is="{$renderedNodes}"><xen:include template="node_list" /></xen:if>
  4. Configure the permissions (view, post, modify own, modify all) for your user groups. If you have trouble accessing the modify tools, ensure the Administrative group is your primary usergroup rather than a secondary one.
  5. Optionally (for XenPorta support), upload the contents xenPorta/upload folder to your forum root and import xenPorta/xenPorta_TaigaChat.xml as a module.
Donations go here. :)

Salud2

Anyone experiencing time-travel in the shoutbox?

Many of my users (and myself included) have shouts popping up that occurred anywhere from 20-60 minutes prior. It's strange.

I would like this add-on to be upgraded to a version which doesn't have any need for manual template edits. We are many who don't want to dive into that, especially when it means we probably will have to it over again after upgrading XenForo.

hi,

I'm playing arround with this addon since today.
everything looks nice and smooth exepct for the popup window.
The window comes up as seperate window but shows no content

Any idea for help on this?

thx! ;)

The popup bug has been reported previously.

Chat permissions are set at user or usergroup level.
If you want to prohibit an individual user from using it, set their permissions accordingly.

sorry I saw it too late :oops:

Is it possible to show the chat in the forum sidebar?
for example in ads-below-visitor_panel?
this would be easy to handle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom