TaigaChat - AJAX Shoutbox [Deleted]

Either turn on the global hook option (not really recommended) or in dark/taigachat/listeners/frontcontrollerpreview.php, replace XenForo_ControllerPublic_Index with XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum

Where would I find the Red Highlighted part I quoted above? I'm having a heck of a time getting the Shoutbox to show now that I've upgraded to Xenforo 1.2.2.

Any help would sure be appreciated!

Odd, I find nothing in the library "Dark" directory for "listeners".

Looking further into this, the unzipped files also contain a XenPorta folder as well as the "upload" folder. Where should I upload the XenPorta folder to? I'm not sure why or how I missed that, but suffice it to say, I'm still learning all this!

Thanks again to all of you for your help on this! It is truly appreciated!

Hello after reinstalling taigachat I have some problems with permission (I think that the problem is permissions).

Problem: nobody can shout message, even when permissions is set correctly.

When I click on smiles, then nothing happend, button for sending messages same issue.
chat1.png

Permissions for admin.
chat2.png

PS: Now I see in forum errors
Code:
ErrorException: Undefined offset: 1 - library/Dark/TaigaChat/Helper/Global.php:15

#0 /www/library/Dark/TaigaChat/Helper/Global.php(15): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined offse...', '/data/web/virtu...', 15, Array)
#1 /www/library/Dark/TaigaChat/EventListener/FrontControllerPreView.php(12): Dark_TaigaChat_Helper_Global::getTaigaChatStuff(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), 'index')
#2 [internal function]: Dark_TaigaChat_EventListener_FrontControllerPreView::listen(Object(XenForo_FrontController), Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#3 /www/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(90): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#4 /www/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(156): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('front_controlle...', Array)
#5 /www/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}

array(3) {
["url"] => string(19) "http://.cz/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Last edited:
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but I'm completely new to XF and I need help getting tiaga chat to work. I accidentally posted twice yesterday as I thought this was an external link to a support forum for tiaga. I deleted one thread (wrong one) and the other got locked lol (sorry Brogan).
My forum members were used to having the chat feature prior to moving to XF hence my haste and desperation to fix it.

I only managed to find how to edit the forum_list and sidebar files via google and it's not in the installation instructions to go to styles/templates/default etc. so please forgive my noobishness!

I need to get it showing at either the top of the forums or the sidebar which shows via the navar link but the enter link doesn't work. I've triple checked the code placings (styles/templates/default) so can it be something to do with the "dark" style folder? there's not a lot in there, maybe just css for the default I dunno?
Any advice is appreciated :)

Last edited:
I managed to get it going by ticking the global hooks box and re-editing the files. Now all I need to do is get the button icons to show beneath the chabox as it says "/Forums/styles/default/xenforo/editor/smilie.png was not found on this server" and I can't find these files anywhere? can anyone help me please?

Is there a way to make two shoutboxes of this type?
I'd like to make one more which is only visable and useable by moderators/admins on my forums :)

Multiple instances are not supported with this add-on.

I believe it has been requested for the paid version.

I think I had to re-edit the paths in the forum_list file to fix it? also make sure global hooks is ticked too in options.
Mind, I do also remember deleting the old one and doing a clean install too so maybe do that for best results...
I hope that helps.

Hello, I have installed the plugin and files and I have a litlle bug with bbcode system :

0uGqRiH.jpg

A solution please ? :)

And <xen:include template="dark_taigachat"><xen:set var="$taigachat_alt">1</xen:set></xen:include> not add shootbox on index page :/

I had this issue and got no help with it so went for the pro version where the help is excellent. Highly recommend but do be patient in waiting for the 2nd email for the d/l link :)

yeah I would m8 cos I was told that the support for the free version is limited which I do understand and for £25 it really is the bollox 8) but have you tried uninstalling & re-installing it? I'm sure that'd fix it...

Is there a temporary fix for Shootbox bottom of page please?

Top Bottom