XF 1.5 Tables Keep Crashing

Divinum Fiat

Hi XF Community,

I've been having this problem for quite a while (months). My tables keep crashing due to Brute Force attacks. I have installed every possible brute force plugin and firewall I can think of but it keeps happening. The hosting company keeps repairing the tables but every time I have an excessive brute force attack (which happens weekly), my tables crash. Then I have to call the hosting company and have them repair the tables, which takes time. My site is usually down 1-2 days every 2 weeks or so.

Has anyone else experienced this and knows how to fix this issue?

Here is a screenshot of what I see when I go to my community.

Thanks for all your help!
XF screenshot.webp

Hi Jake, thanks for responding. Yes, I was hoping they could fix the many attacks. I've tightened security a bit and they're trying to figure out what exactly they're after. For now table is up and running again but this happens on a weekly basis. Every time it does, I look all visitors since they can't access the site. And by the time I see it (usually happens over night), it takes a day or two to rebuild traffic. Lots of lost traffic.

I was hoping they could fix the many attacks. I've tightened security a bit and they're trying to figure out what exactly they're after. For now table is up and running again but this happens on a weekly basis. Every time it does, I look all visitors since they can't access the site. And by the time I see it (usually happens over night), it takes a day or two to rebuild traffic. Lots of lost traffic.

Most likely, it is not your site, but the MySQL server itself is crashing. Likely due to a over loaded server. If this is happening from Brute Forcing, the MySQL server, nor the server itself is very secure and lacks common server hardening.

That's exactly what I'm getting, Mike. I'm just not sure how to fix it and HG seems to be a bit behind on their technological know-how.

HG and Go Daddy, are pretty much the worst two places to host XF at once your site starts to grow. If it causing your site the major downtime stated, best solution would be looking into getting a more high performance web host.

Top Bottom