T-Shirts and other community merchandise - where do you get yours from?

CTXMedia

I already have a good supplier for cycling clothing, but several members of CycleChat recently expressed an interest in t-shirts so I'm looking for feedback from anyone who already creates custom tees for their community regarding online store options, quality and delivery / returns efficiency.

Ideally I want a company that offers an online store option so we can have a range of designs and styles and members can order directly (it's a lot of work taking mass orders for kit and processing it all manually - and my wife doesn't apprecitate our bedroom being overtaken by community kit ... :mad:).

We're based in the UK and having looked around I've found Cafepress, Zazzle and Spreadshirt who all provide you with a customisible shop front - and I just wondered if any of you use them? What's the quality like? Which one do you think would offer our members the best value for money (we're not into making profit from kit)?

... and of course, any other suggestions for other companies that offer a similar / better service?

Thanks,
Shaun

I use Spreadshirt

http://www.spreadshirt.co.uk

They are actually based in Germany but they ship goods to many countries both inside and outside of Europe.

You can set up your own shop, create your own designs on t-shirts and a wide range of items and set your own prices.

It's probably not as cheap as doing bulk orders but it does mean members can order items as and when they like.

Take a look at the SNR Shop in the Affiliates section on my site to see some of the things we're offering. There's a whole host of other items I could add if I chose too. Also check out the Merchandise section in the Media Gallery on my site to see some real photos of a few items.

I use Spreadshirt

<snip>

Thanks @Martok - I set-up a test shop with them already and they are my primary choice so far but I was a little concerned about quality after reading reviews online.

Did you do any test purchases before opening it up to members? What do you think of the quality / value for money and, I suppose most importantly, what do your members think?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

PS. I like how you've integrated it into the site with /pages (y)

Last edited:
Did you do any test purchases before opening it up to members? What do you think of the quality / value for money and, I suppose most importantly, what do your members think?
No, I just went with them. I'm happy with the quality of what I've bought (t-shirts and mugs) and other members seem happy too.

How did you embed it within an XF page? I could;t find any details/help on this at Spreadshirt
When you set up a shop there's a URL and Linking section which gives you various linking options including iframe HTML code for embedding in a (XenForo) page.

When you set up a shop there's a URL and Linking section which gives you various linking options including iframe HTML code for embedding in a (XenForo) page.
Hmmm, just cannot find it. I'm in my shop's product lists and near the top right corner I have a link to viti my shop. But cannot find anywhere about method for linking to it etc.

Hmmm, just cannot find it. I'm in my shop's product lists and near the top right corner I have a link to viti my shop. But cannot find anywhere about method for linking to it etc.
Your Account > Shop Settings > Url & linking

Found myself a relatively local small business (UK) who now does all my merchandise for me. She does embroidery as well as heat transfer prints and ships all over the world when needed, and only uses top quality branded garments.

I get the members to speak to her directly to order, and she handles the payments and shipping direct to them. Just posted her details up in a thread with samples of what she can produce, and leave it up to the members to sort it out. It involves no effort on my part, except for me making a small payment for sorting the embroidery pattern of the logo.

She will also produce one offs as and when needed. Her rates are pretty good as she is a sole trader, and I'm getting really positive feedback on what she has produced. Something like 20 items have been ordered and delivered. We are now working on mug designs, and she is going to hopefully get me a sample printed up early next week.

A Hong Kong member sporting some of the branded items we sell :)
PeterJ-03.webp

PeterJ-04.webp

I use Spreadshirt

http://www.spreadshirt.co.uk

They are actually based in Germany but they ship goods to many countries both inside and outside of Europe.

You can set up your own shop, create your own designs on t-shirts and a wide range of items and set your own prices.

It's probably not as cheap as doing bulk orders but it does mean members can order items as and when they like.

Take a look at the SNR Shop in the Affiliates section on my site to see some of the things we're offering. There's a whole host of other items I could add if I chose too. Also check out the Merchandise section in the Media Gallery on my site to see some real photos of a few items.

I can't seem to find their payout system. What percentage is received? If you sell a t-shirt for say $20 what do you get @Martok?

Thanks!

That's entirely up to you what profit you add on per product.

I understand. So if they charge $10 and you set your price at $20, you receive $10.

And, there's no inventory and they take care of all the order processing and shipping, if I'm correct.

I understand. So if they charge $10 and you set your price at $20, you receive $10.
Basically. When you create a product (e.g. t-shirt with your logo), it'll tell you the cost of this. You can then list it for that cost or a higher cost by adding your own profit on top.

And, there's no inventory and they take care of all the order processing and shipping, if I'm correct.
There is an inventory - your shop. You decide what products to list and set your price. There is no stock as such, items are produced as members order them. All processing and shipping is done by them.

We're based in the UK and having looked around I've found Cafepress,

Cafepress - nonono!

Not for a UK site. I joined cafe press, and presumed it was auk company as the domain was .co.uk

I put up the ad on my UK site, people bought T-shirts and mugs and because the stuff was sent from outside the UK, VAT got added (which was OK I suppose) but people were charged an extra £8 admin fee for applying VAT at the border - just for a T shirt or a mug.

An old junior school friend does all my van livery and business t-shirts.
He is also going to be in the throws of doing my forum's stickers and t-shirt give-aways.

The Image Corp

Ask for Doug

Top Bottom