Syncing a WordPress web site and a XF 2 installation

Steve Freides

I am a XF admin and an ex-techie.

Brief history:
  • We currently run XF 1.5.
  • Our company began in 2012 with a WP-based web site and their forum software.
  • We switched to XF for our forum in 2015 but continue to use WP for the web site, part of which is blog containing articles that allows for user comments, and anyone wishing to comment must have a login and pw.
My upgrade problem/question:

We have not upgraded to XF 2 is because we use an add-on that helps us sync usernames and passwords between our web site and our XF forum that has not been upgraded for 2.0. The add-on allows people to only need to login once, at our forum.​

I would like to know:
  • Is anyone else in a similar situation, or have you found a workaround for connecting usernames and passwords across a WP-based web site and XF 2?

• And would anyone else care to comment on the future viability of continuing to run XF 1.5? I'm interested to know what percentage of active forums have upgraded at this writing.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

-S-

Looks promising, and I have already forwarded a link to our CEO and our developer.

On the page you gave, there is a button that says View Live Demo but it just takes me to a static web page - be nice to see something moving or at least know what buttons to push. :)

Thanks.

-S-

Top Bottom