Swatch Style [Paid] [Deleted]

Great... well all I can do is just wait it out, and hope the XF team is able to release a stable version of 1.2 I have to say though, I haven't found ANY bugs in the candidate I have... it has been awesome!
I think we'll see at least one more RC before the final version. My prediction for the stable release is the first part of August. I agree things look pretty good, as is, but there are still bugs being reported and fixed...so, it's "almost" ready. ;)

@John Yay!!! Should the fluid style work now with 1.2 as well? What do I do to update mine?
Yes, it includes both versions. If you login over at my website, you'll see a thread posted in the Customer's Forum that details how we recommend to upgrade your styles. :)

This is really a nice looking theme. Great job! I like it a lot. Might consider buying it.

The only part that I feel may use a little more subtle touch is the corners of the navbar. I don't quite like the banner type of look, not sure whether it is easy to change ? Couldn't figure it out yet.

Also, I wish the search icon could be a little more standing out, because Search is such an important functionality on any site...:)

swatch_corners.webp

Hi @Vicki - thanks, glad you like the design. :) On the navbar, I'm not sure what you had in mind in it's place, but the banner effect is easily disabled. On the search icon, it could be re-coded so that the default XF look reappears in the navbar fairly easily as well. It's done the way it is in keeping with a sort of minimalist look I was going for with that design.

If I wanted to create a site with this theme but with a color scheme similar to this site (the pink and dark blue), how hard would that be?

If I wanted to create a site with this theme but with a color scheme similar to this site (the pink and dark blue), how hard would that be?
Not hard. There are very few images that are colorized, most everything else is done through the color pallet.

Bug fix:

Screenshot:
swatch_chrome_bug.webp

As you'll note, there is an issue with dual search icons in Chrome due to the way XenForo handles that input field with an icon by default. This has occurred from time to time in some themes.

To fix, remove "results="0" from:
HTML:
<input type="search" name="keywords" value="" class="textCtrl" placeholder="Search..." results="0" title="Enter your search and hit enter" id="QuickSearchQuery">

Hope that proves useful. Looks stellar in Firefox! Nice work, John!

Interesting theme but not all that different than the Aurora theme. Is this something designed to mimic that theme? I do see some differences but there is an awful lot of similarity. Just curious since the cost is $25.00.

Interesting theme but not all that different than the Aurora theme. Is this something designed to mimic that theme? I do see some differences but there is an awful lot of similarity. Just curious since the cost is $25.00.
Other than colors, which even that is not entirely the same, I don't personally see any similarities. I've only ever given that other design just a passing glance, so no, it was not influenced by it in the least. It's also driven by a very robust framework (the first one ever created for XF, btw), so there's that to take into consideration as well. :)

Last edited:
@surfsup - I prefer to provide support through my ticket system at my site (makes it easier to keep current as I don't visit here every day), so if you'll open up a ticket there, I'll help you out. :)

Top Bottom