Suspended by our host for sending bulk emails

ashoor

So we got suspended twice today for trying to mass-message our close to 10K members, as it exceeded the acceptable threshold per hour (I had no idea)

the question is: how do I suspend this operation? It seems like the forum has queues up the rest and is trying to send it, and that is causing the host to suspend us after earlier lifting the suspension.

can I go back to the control panel and cancel this operation?

thank you, will look into that​

I did some research and ended up disabling the option below. But I know the moment I re-enable it, the system will end trying to send the rest of emails and my host will suspend my account again. Any way around it​

Edit cron entry: Process email bounces​

it seems that purging that table should fix the issue for you. the content should give you an indication as i assume it should show a lot of entries of mails that are queued for sending. do take a backup though in case no one else responds to this thread!

it seems that purging that table should fix the issue for you. the content should give you an indication as i assume it should show a lot of entries of mails that are queued for sending. do take a backup though in case no one else responds to this thread!

thank a lot. Correct, it has close to 9000+ entries which closely matches how many emails would have gone out.

do i empty or drop that table ? Am assuming empty?

empty! drop would delete the table and from my experience xenforo cannot create tables on the fly! (do take backup!) i once picked the wrong option and deleted the xf_oembed table...

I'd recommend something like Amazon SES for sending email from XenForo. It's very cheap and takes care of DKIM.

Top Bottom