Lack of interest Suppress or Delay Push Notifications During Sleep Time

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

easiii

Hello @Mike, @Chris D & @Kier
Some of our members asked if would be possible to setup a time period when the Push Notifications alerts are suppressed (not sent). This would be ideally an option in the member's account preferences because it could take into account member time zone.
Basically Xenforo should check this setting before sending the notifications, if a notification happens outside the "Suppress Notification" time then it's sent in real-time as it happens now. But if it's in the "Suppress Notification" time it should not be sent, instead after this time passes it should send just one alert - "You have X alerts at site name".

Last edited:
Upvote 5
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I don't know what phones people are using but mine (Samsung S7) has a function called 'Do Not Disturb' where sounds, notifications, etc, can be switched off during certain times.
It has other options such as allowing favourites to be set that over-ride the 'do not disturb' settings, and likewise where if a call is received twice or more within so many minutes it is allowed to bypass the setting also - good for emergencies.

I don't know about other Android phones, the Samsung S7 is about two to three years old, so I would expect most will now have this or a similar feature - Apple will introduce it in about a year's time most likely with a big launch and massive price tag ;)

On my iPhone, I disallow anything (Do Not disturb) thru to my phone between 10PM and 8AM (I'm retired) but have allowed certain phone numbers, like the daughter, the best friend, mother in law and weather alerts. Makes for a much quieter night and it's set for my own time zone.

On my iPhone, I disallow anything (Do Not disturb) thru to my phone between 10PM and 8AM (I'm retired) but have allowed certain phone numbers, like the daughter, the best friend, mother in law and weather alerts. Makes for a much quieter night and it's set for my own time zone.
Same here, and there's no FOMO because all the alerts, txt messages, missed calls and stuff? Right there on the phone when you sit down with your coffee and have a look.

Top Bottom