1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Support the forum: donate or buy from...

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Marco Famà, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Marco Famà

Marco Famà Active Member

Dear all,

how can I create a new little box as all the other widgets in the sidebar appear, maybe under <xen:hook name="ad_sidebar_bottom" />, so that I can put a "Support the forum!" and insert a Paypal Donate + Amazon affiliation link, so that people can do that easily?

Thanks everyone,
    Marco

2. Floris

Floris Guest

Marco Famà likes this.
  3. Floris

Floris Guest

In regards to "support the forum" you could also make a paid subscription of a few varieties, and let xenforo handle the paypal side of things? Users can then also show on the site as a supporter with a usergroup upgrade. And you have a nice overview of which user has provided support. The sidebar could link to the account upgrades page where they can choose.

Marco Famà likes this.
  4. Marco Famà

Marco Famà Active Member

You rock mate!
    I guess the second solution you are proposing doesn't really match - legally speaking - what a "Donation" means. In fact, if you allow paid members / donators to access to different services or premium features which normally they wouldn't have, this is considered not a donation anymore :)

However, thank you very much indeed for your kindness, did appreciate it.

Marco
    PS: I'm trying custom sidebar block now..