1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Super Dumb Question

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by learningcurve, Jan 21, 2015.

1. learningcurve

learningcurve New Member

I'm looking to purchase the liscence for this and I downloaded the test script, but I think I may be slightly (very) special. lol

Where do you put the php file in your directory, and how do you call it up to see if it works? I tried a few different places, and looked around here a bit, but like I said... special. :p

I've never done anything related to a forum, so I have to say I'm a little lost.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and thanks in advance, even if you do have a little chuckle to yourself about my... specialness. :D
  2. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Place the test script in the root of the hosting provider you are using. Then in your browser window type in the IP address/whatever.php, where whatever.php is the script name.
    The IP should have been given to you by your hosting provider. If you already have a domain pointing at that IP, use that instead.
    learningcurve likes this.
  3. learningcurve

learningcurve New Member

Thank you! I did it and it worked... lol. :D

Thanks again.