Summer discount

During my time here the only discount I ever remember there being was for one of the 1st party addons. I believe it was the Resource Manager actually. They didn't even have a holiday discount last year or any year that I remember so I don't know why they'd have a summer discount. Compared to the competitors xF is priced fairly and probably under priced to be honest.

There have only been 2 discounts ever that I am aware of. The first was after the end of the lawsuit with a discount on the main XenForo software itself. The second was a discount on the Resource Manager when it was first launched. Other than that, there has never been any other discounts (as far as I know).

IMO XenForo is already sold at a permanently discounted price compared to its competitors. Personally I hope that they raise the price once XenForo 2.0 is released to more reflect its worth.

Just for the record, I'm likely to buy another licence at some point later this year and would be happy to pay a higher price for it. :)
No doubt it worth a few more bucks but to wish inflation on any product that isn't in financial distress seems a little silly as a customer. If you're into just throwing money around for the sake of it I hear Red Cross is always excepting donations.

No doubt it worth a few more bucks but to wish inflation and any product that isn't in financial distress seems a little silly as a customer. If you're into just throwing money around for the sake of it I hear Red Cross is always excepting donations.
No, I just think that the product is worth more than it is currently priced at and as such the developers should get due recompense. Besides, XenForo has technically devalued itself by not raising its pricing over the last few years whilst inflation has caused other prices to rise. Raising its price would help to bring it back to at least its effective value when it was released in 2010.

XF is a great platform and for what it is $140 is an amazing price. In all honesty, a summer sale is very, very unlikely.

I can only imagine a limited time discount being offered if XF 2.0 is to cost more. Much like what IPB is doing right now.

Actually, with IPB (which in my mind is XF's main competitor) increasing their pricing, maybe that does give XF a little room to boost up their prices whilst still maintaining a more competitively priced system? Once the promotion ends IPB will cost $200 for the base product and $50 to renew for 1 year compared to XF's current $140 / $40.

Time will tell.

No, I just think that the product is worth more than it is currently priced at and as such the developers should get due recompense. Besides, XenForo has technically devalued itself by not raising its pricing over the last few years whilst inflation has caused other prices to rise. Raising its price would help to bring it back to at least its effective value when it was released in 2010.
Fair enough. But....

Quality code not withstanding one of XenForos Largest assets is its price. Anyways prices are subjective it takes some people several months to save up 150 bucks while others can easily blow that much at lunchtime. I myself have a $100 a month food budget so you can imagine that any price increase I would feel in a significant way. As I'm sure many others would too frankly I think it's price is a large contributor to its overall popularity.

In all fairness I'd guess that since the current price is in US dollars that they're barely seeing $100 a license after the currency exchange.

Good Lord trying to type XenForo(Zen for all) into my phone without tripping the AutoCorrect multiple times is a PITA. Lol

Last edited:
Quality code not withstanding one of XenForos Largest asset is its price. Anyways prices are subjective it takes some people several months to save up 150 bucks while others can easily blow that much at lunchtime. I myself have a $100 a month food budget so you can imagine that any price increase I would feel in a significant way. As I'm sure many others would too frankly I think it's price is a large contributor to its overall popularity.

That is very true. I guess only XF knows if a price increase would be necessary or not. The current price is very competitive but XF is also a business and they have to be able to meet the demands of their users (not only in updates but active user support). With cheaper prices you rely heavily on sales volume which adds to the support load.

Only XF has this data. If it works then great but if not, we'll see.

Yea, well, since so many other things out there continually outstrip inflation, including the cable TV I just paid for (increases up to 4 times more than inflation!), I appreciate the break. Thanks, Xenforo. (y)

Top Bottom