Lack of interest [Suggestions] Close Poll in a precise day/hour (31-01-2010 00:00)

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Nuno

Hi,

I see that XF "Close this poll after" only let us select fixed hours/days/etc.
Why not a user defined date/hour? I think would be better to let us select the precise day ... say "31-01-2010 00:00".

Thanks,
Nuno

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
How would you implement it? Something like this would be activated via cron. You'd have to run that particular cron job continuously in order for it to work. Not something I want running in the background all the time.

You'd have to run that particular cron job continuously in order for it to work.

Every forum has it's own cron jobs built in. Of course you need to have visitors so it can run.
IPB has this feature built in.

Or react to late requests. "Does a poll close if nobody sees it?"

Usualy these thinks are done with a internal cron job and this can be done with a 10 min interval.

Instead of precise seconds, I think a few options like 'midday / midnight' would be enough.