[Suggestion] Sort Watched Threads

Grover

Hi,

When I clicked on [Watched Threads] today I realized this:

Wouldn't it be handy if I could sort this overview by Forum? Sometimes I want to focus on watched threads that are in the Suggestions forum for example and I have no interest really in the other forums. But this overview is sorted on Unread Threads by default and then you can click on 'Show All...'. The latter gives you a total overview and I would like to be able to sort this by Forum and that it gives a nice horizontal divider between the Forum-listings or whatever works best (see here for the idea to implement the very useful [Thread Display Options] slide-down menu, that we know from other XF overviews) . Something like that.

Edit:

wt.webp

You see... this is 'just' a long continues list that is not so interesting and useful compared to the initial NEW Watched Threads screen. It can become more useful if we could get it sorted. The field 'forumtitle' is already there, so make good use of it, I would say. :)

Please do [like] this first posting if you think it is a good feature suggestion for XenForo

Upvote 7
I see what you mean....... shouldn´t be a big deal for our boys to implement this ;)

On the other hand, it might look a bit strange visually with having this additional column ??

If this could be done, and be kept simple from a UI point of view (that is the hard part), it would be tremendous.

Possibly keep the same view there is now in your picture, then when people click on the forum name they are in, only show the watched topics in that forum? Then to see the full list again use the 'back' button.

why do you need a back-button, when you can just Filter the whole list by using the filter-tabs ?
It just needs one more column with the Forum-name in it and the tabs in the brown-yellow-colored bar being made filter-able....

why do you need a back-button, when you can just Filter the whole list by using the filter-tabs ?
It just needs one more column with the Forum-name in it and the tabs in the brown-yellow-colored bar being made filter-able....
If this could be done, and be kept simple from a UI point of view (that is the hard part), it would be tremendous.

Possibly keep the same view there is now in your picture, then when people click on the forum name they are in, only show the watched topics in that forum? Then to see the full list again use the 'back' button.
That is my point. The UI is not cluttered with anything else such as another column. I'm simply typing an idea I had. Normally I spend hours or days thinking things through before typing my thoughts out, but have not done so in this case.

...Or maybe have a 'show all' button when only viewing a subset of subscribed threads/content.

what about just having a drop-down-box at which you can select the Forum you want to view ?
So saying, just having a drop-down-Filter.

That would be the simplest thing.

You see... this is 'just' a long continues list that is not so interesting and useful compared to the initial NEW Watched Threads screen. It can become more useful if we could get it sorted. The field 'forumtitle' is already there, so make good use of it, I would say. :)

To be clear: I am talking about the All Watched Threads overview here: http://xenforo.com/community/watched/threads/all, but for both this overview and the Unread Watched Threads overview here: http://xenforo.com/community/watched/threads sorting will be a handy feature.

I think it's doesn't have to be that hard :). XenForo already offers a fantastic UI element to sort normal thread lists: it's the [Thread Display Options] slide-down menu (at the bottom of the normal threadlist: http://xenforo.com/community/forums/suggestions-tweaks-small-features.18/)

So why not include exactly that and then with the added options to sort on category and forum names?

Anymore people who think this might come in handy?

As a user, Id like to be able to pick which forums and subforums I want to participate in through my preferences page. Once picked, my selections would apply to the forums 'what's new' tab, the 'mark forums as read' tab and the members 'recent activity' tab. It would also indicate the default forums to be selected for my searches.
The option would be remembered from visit to visit (changes made in preferences).

Yes, sure! But that is the problem with XenForo's overviews: the forumname doesn't have it's own column.

I think it's doesn't have to be that hard :). XenForo already offers a fantastic UI element to sort normal thread lists: it's the [Thread Display Options] slide-down menu (at the bottom of the normal threadlist: http://xenforo.com/community/forums/suggestions-tweaks-small-features.18/)

So why not include exactly that and then with the added options to sort on category and forum names?

Since I am in the process re-reading through older valuable suggestion threads at the moment, I looked at my All Watched Threads overview and it consists of... 31 pages of threads.

As explained above sorting functionality would come in really handy, because with 31 pages this overview becomes quite hard to manage. When Xenforo could offer us sort-functionality (either by adding a sortable forumtitle column, or a [Thread Display Options] slide-down menu) then also it will improve the already available [With selected...] functionality, making it more useful.

At the moment it is simply impossible (or a huge contra-productive task) to wield through all these pages to manually select the watched threads in a specific forum (Suggestions: Tweaks & Small Features, for example). We already have the software at hand, so it can all be done automatically, if sorting options are provided to the enduser.

Any headway on this one for upcoming releases? A way to sort (folders maybe?) watched threads is really needed in my forum.

Top Bottom