Lack of interest [Suggestion] Show threads with own (last) replies in "What's New?"

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

SchmitzIT

If I reply to a thread, and immediately after click on "What's New", I will not see the thread in question show up there. I assume this is due to the last post being my own and the underlying thought of the feature being: "Well, he/she knows what he/she just posted, so no use in showing that thread", but would it be possible to give admin-control on whether to overrule that feature somewhow?

(If there is such a feature already, I might have simply overlooked it).

Cheers.

Peter

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Well the thread has been marked as read so it won't appear as a "new" thread.
I'm not sure this behaviour can (easily) be overridden.

You can of course click on the "All Recent Messages" link on the What's New which will then show your thread/post.

Well the thread has been marked as read so it won't appear as a "new" thread.
I'm not sure this behaviour can (easily) be overridden.

You can of course click on the "All Recent Messages" link on the What's New which will then show your thread/post.

Thanks. I never saw that option before. Basically, that is the behaviour I would want to replace "What's new" with, or at least allow my users a choice of how they want to see it implemented. My users have been conditioned to the vB ways, and might have trouble seeing the new light. I'd prefer making the learning curve as shallow as possible for them. Being able to choose (and have a default that can be set by the admin) would be a nice addition :)

I know this isn't what you're after but you can make a template edit to add a new link for "All Recent Messages" as follows:

Open the navigation template and look for this:
Code:
<li><a href="{xen:link 'find-new/threads'}">{xen:phrase whats_new}</a></li>

Before (or after) add this:
Code:
<li><a href="{xen:link 'find-new/threads', '', 'days=7'}">{xen:phrase cta_latest_threads}</a></li>

You can change the 'days=7' to whichever value suits your purposes.
You will also need to edit the "cta_latest_threads" phrase to your own or just use text, e.g. "Latest Threads".

The result is as follows:

latest.webp

Of course you can also edit the default behaviour of "What's New" if you prefer.

You can also change the wording on "Your Content" to "Your Posts." That one threw me for awhile, I will admit: I thought it was "content" as in "content is king" -- contributed articles and such.

Top Bottom