Lack of interest [Suggestion] Show notice of quoted ignored member instead of suppressing

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Kevin

To clarify that title a bit... if you are reading a post by a user who quoted something by a user that you are ignoring then the suggestion is to include a notice (eg: "Quote by ignored member") instead of suppressing the quote entirely.

The reason for this suggestion can be seen in the attached screen shot. At first glance it would appear that Brogan is being a bit brusque with either erich37 or Rigel but really he was responding to a totally different user. :coffee:

Attachments

• Capture.webp
    Capture.webp
    102.8 KB · Views: 34
Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> bb_code_tag_quote

Add the red code:

Rich (BB code):
<xen:require css="bb_code.css" />

<xen:comment><!-- content is escaped via parser --></xen:comment>

<xen:if is="{$ignored}">
	<ul class="messageNotices" style="margin-left: 0px;">
		<li style="list-style: none;">Quote by ignored member. <a href="javascript:" class="jsOnly DisplayIgnoredContent">{xen:phrase show_ignored_content}</a></li>
	</ul>
</xen:if>

<div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeQuote{xen:if $ignored, ' ignored'}"{xen:if $nameHtml, ' data-author="{$nameHtml}"'}>
	<aside>
		<xen:if is="{$nameHtml}">
			<div class="attribution type">{xen:phrase x_said, 'name={xen:raw $nameHtml}'}:
				<xen:if is="{$source}">
					<a href="{xen:link 'goto/{$source.type}', '', 'id={$source.id}'}#{$source.type}-{$source.id}" class="AttributionLink">&uarr;</a>
			</div>
		<blockquote>{xen:raw $content}</blockquote>
	</aside>
</div>

The result:

Screen shot 2013-01-03 at 3.31.39 PM.webp

Screen shot 2013-01-03 at 3.32.16 PM.webp

Replying so I remember to include edit.

I actually remember that thread and remember the exact same content, I obviously ignored that same user and am only now getting the bigger picture, @Kevin I am not going to ask how long you hold onto screenshots but instead say thanks for the suggestion.

Yes, Thanks Jake for the workaround.

Top Bottom