[Suggestion] Set defaults in Admin area for alerts

Poltergeist

With the addition of the new options for being able to decide what Alerts you will receive, I think it would be a good idea to be able to set defaults in the Admin area. This will allow us to decide what new users will get alerts for. But it will not stop users from changing theirs. Since many users are usually not experienced with forums this help cut down on them be bombarded.

Upvote 12
Gets my vote.

Being able to set defaults for things like pop up on new PM, etc. is usually in the ACP therefore so should alert preferences.

With the addition of the new options for being able to decide what Alerts you will receive, I think it would be a good idea to be able to set defaults in the Admin area. This will allow us to decide what new users will get alerts for. But it will not stop users from changing theirs. Since many users are usually not experienced with forums this help cut down on them be bombarded.

100% agree, otherwise our users will be completely confused.

As an enhancement, importing from (at least) vb to xf, there should be some defaults we could set.

I had this exact same question and all I came across was this thread which is 3 years old. I take it this was not implemented? :( I just wanted my users to be alerted when they are tagged, no need for anything else because there is the 'watched threads & forums' area.

Top Bottom