1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest [Suggestion] Random Header Logo

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Peter, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Peter

Peter Active Member

A few wordpress sites have their logo rotate when visiting a page.

Adapt it for xenforo to rotate from a pool of images that are uploaded and then randomly display it when visitors arrive on the homepage.

Anyone like this idea?

mra0 and rjordan like this.
  2. rjordan

rjordan Member

Actually, I have a PHP script that is called as if were an image with another forum. I like this idea, but question whether or not it should be a feature or a mod. Honestly, I think if it were a feature, you would see a lot more people use it.

3. Alex

Alex Active Member

I've got a similar script on my test site (same script that is used on my live site)

4. Peter

Peter Active Member

I visited your site and saw the random logo. Nice touch!

Do you have a central area that your site pulls the logos from?

5. Alex

Alex Active Member

Yeah it's just one folder that I upload any new images to and they automatically get added into the rotation

6. CyberAP

CyberAP Well-Known Member

You can use this script as your background-image, just upload all images in one directory and upload this script then add the link to the script to the background-image section.
    http://ma.tt/scripts/randomimage/

krstep and Daracon like this.
  7. mra0

mra0 Member

When I get a copy of xenforo I can try it but I might mess things up. I rather see this included.

8. Alex

Alex Active Member

It's really easy to do you just point your header image at a script on your server and it displays the images, no need for this to be a built in feature imo when the php scripts to do it easily already exist, it's a less than 2 min job to set up

9. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

10. mra0

mra0 Member

11. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

Not sure why this is a feature suggestion... should be a template edit/plugin whatever, but obviously not a core feature.

CyberAP likes this.