Lack of interest [Suggestion] Post Author Background Colour(s) per Group

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Hauzer

After browsing this forum, a sweet idea (or so I think :P) hit me. How about different background colours on a post's author's details? Not too sure what I'm on about? Well, take a look at the screen shot below, hopefully that should speak louder than words :P (Using one of Kier's post as an example):

(The box with shades of blue, containing the avatar, on the very far left hand side)
xenforo.gif

Of course, the colours should only be for staff members. Although, using the Admin Control Panel, perhaps admins can chose certain hex codes (shade #1 and #2, for top and bottom) for the background colour as well as assign background colours for different user-groups. The colours which are used are totally up to the owner of the board and this feature should have the ability to be disabled.

The main advantage of this feature, is so that users can tell the difference between staff and regular members. One disadvantage is that board owner(s) may "over-use" this feature and assign a colour to all user groups, hence defeating the purpose of making the staff stand out.

Either way, I still stand with this idea. ;)

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Already been suggested (for e.g. online status) and dismissed.

I suspect this idea will get a similar response.

I think this can be done with an addon/template edit (you can find two little addons/tweaks to do that in vb, i think it's possible to do this by few modifications in the code also with xenforo)

Thanks for your response and this thread has pretty much died, I thought it was a good idea. :( To be honest, I don't really agree with it that much on online status, but I do agree with it for usergroups/ranks (not trying to brag. :(). Of course that's personally my opinion, and I don't mean to be rude to anyone else, especially the person who though of the status idea. ;)

As for it being a modification, that does seem like an interesting idea. None the less, it would be better if it was added by default, rather than installing a mod. That way, a little bit more "spice" could be added to the xenForo software. ;)

Hm
btw - do we have here a chance to make forums within the community of different colors? would be nice to have it as a set of color switches for each forum (football fans will surely like it))))

Hm
btw - do we have here a chance to make forums within the community of different colors? would be nice to have it as a set of color switches for each forum (football fans will surely like it))))
You can have forum-specific styles as far as I remember, hopefully this covers your colour changing :)

I think this idea is best as a modification as it'd just be a simple conditional statement and isn't important enough to warrant its own admincp options, but that's just me!

Top Bottom