Lack of interest [Suggestion] More thread options

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

dutchbb

While understanding the philosophy of XF (including reducing clutter), I really think there are some things missing.

Bolded is IMO particularly important to have (because I actually use those frequently), the others are not really essential for me (they could be a mod):

• Print thread
  • E-mail thread
  • Download thread (.pdf)
  • Search in thread
  • Find my posts in thread
  • Rate thread
We already have 'Watch Thread' so I didn't mention that.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
It would be cool to bring up all the picture attachments in a thread, plopped into a gallery.

Also RSS feed for users~

• Search in thread
If you can search in a thread (which I think is incredibly important for threads thousands of posts long), then presumably you could find anyones posts in a thread, including your own.

From my experience; barely anyone downloads threads.
Agree with you.But sometimes,I need to save some threads to my computer and PDF format would be the best choice.I suggest to add this mini feature into the forum if it leads minor workloads for developers.

While understanding the philosophy of XF (including reducing clutter), I really think there are some things missing.

Bolded is IMO particularly important to have (because I actually use those frequently), the others are not really essential for me (they could be a mod):

• Print thread
    [*]E-mail thread
    [*]Download thread (.pdf)
  • Search in thread
  • Rate thread

Coincidentally you bolded the 2 options that I need, only. And it can be combined indeed:

• Search in thread
If you can search in a thread (which I think is incredibly important for threads thousands of posts long), then presumably you could find anyones posts in a thread, including your own.

Seriously needed on XF.

Just a comment on 'Rate Threads': I never understood the purpose if it. We couldn't even turn it off globally in vBulletin :mad:...: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?96668-Make-thread-rating-on-off-a-global-setting... resulting in the fact that our forumdisplay was cluttered with all these threadratings that I do not need! I never got the point of rating stuff and displaying it on forumdisplay like that...

I said in that thread on vB.com:

I guess it's not very clear to me how it actually works... : some member can rate a thread, but what does it say? Apparently that thread is rated highly by him/her, but it's just his/hers opinion. Other people might find this specific thread useless.... and not every thread is rated... it's only rated if people feel the urge to actually put a rate to it. So it's not a structural thing of any sort.

So, what is the point of a threadrating on a forum like vbulletin.com/forum for example? It doesn't say anything :confused:! Now, if a forum-owner like K&M overhere says to 'Like' the first posting of a thread so they can see how much people prefer a certain suggestion in a suggestion forum (and even provide a filter for it), then it is usefull.

So, why would you need a thread rating system in XF if it already supports [Likes] and subsequent filters?

I'm not sure how you see this, but I guess it's a good idea to combine those two things by adding an extra checkbox/field.

I'm not sure how you see this, but I guess it's a good idea to combine those two things by adding an extra checkbox/field.
I understand what you are asking for would be quite useful, possibly clicking on the mini-me when viewing a thread could bring up all posts you made in a thread - but being manually able to search for anyones posts would be far more important to me.

All of those I agree with except for Rate Thread. :)
I feel the same way, since Liking a particular post is much more effective at showing exactly which parts of a thread you like; a thread can have a lot of posts but I haven't come across a thread where I rate it it high (or low) for the entire thread. I usually would rate it based on the first post in that thread or a few select ones, but now with the Like system I would just click Like on certain posts and be done with it.

Top Bottom