Lack of interest [Suggestion] Minification!

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
From what I've seen and heard, stuff like minifying JS/CSS (and possibly HTML ouput) & optimizing images will be done in either the first public beta or the first gold release (anyone know which one?) :p

It is highly advisable via the team here NOT to run the beta in a live environment - as such, i feel such a feature would be wasted on the beta when the required effort would be better spent in other areas such as fixing beta bugs, etc

It is highly advisable via the team here NOT to run the beta in a live environment - as such, i feel such a feature would be wasted on the beta when the required effort would be better spent in other areas such as fixing beta bugs, etc
True, but it isn't all that much effort actually & should significantly improve performance.
JS/CSS-wise, I can get Firebug + Google page speed to minify it for me within 10 seconds, and I have zero knowledge of JS. As for the images, takes a little more effort to actually implement, but same thing really - push a button & it gets done for you.

Only thing that'd take some more effort is getting the HTML output minified.

Main reason not to do it until public beta/gold release seems to me because it's way easier to edit non-minified CSS (and presumably JS) for them devs. :p

EDIT: Just checked, most images are already optimized, aside from three or four or so, so the effect of that's negligible anyway :p

Top Bottom