Lack of interest [Suggestion] Images should enlarge outward in every direction (centered), not to the right

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Erik

I love the image resizer functionality, but currently there is a bit of a problem with how it is implemented. Take a look at this screenshot:

Even with a wide 1920 x 1080 monitor, the enlarged image is going off of the right side of the screen, forcing me to scroll to the right to see the entire image.

Instead, when enlarged the image should remain centered, so it uses all of the possible screenspace and so in most cases you won't have to scroll to see the full image. :)

I know this isn't a problem with the fluid style and large monitors, but I prefer the fixed-width style so I'm pointing it out. :)

Thanks. :)

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I disagree with this one. On resolution not as big as yours, it might lead to the issue of scrolling both ways for the end user. Right now its just rightwards which is mostly how it should be as it stretches the layout in only one direction as against both.

Click on different areas of the image. It actually zooms in on where you clicked. ;)
The problem is that no matter where I click (even the bottom-right corner), it still is aligned off to the right of the page. Try it (you will need to have a large resolution to see what I'm talking about)

http://xenforo.com/community/thread...page-is-pretty.1000/

I disagree with this one. On resolution not as big as yours, it might lead to the issue of scrolling both ways for the end user. Right now its just rightwards which is mostly how it should be as it stretches the layout in only one direction as against both.

It already does this on smaller screen resolutions (i.e. if you click in the center, it will enlarge off to both sides). I tested by making my browser window smaller. It's just that it appears to be broken at larger resolutions. :)

Top Bottom