1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest [Suggestion] Highlight BBCode (with button)

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by The Sandman, Sep 12, 2010.

1. The Sandman

The Sandman Well-Known Member

On TAZ, I often use our highlighting BBCode - this puts a yellow shading over the selected text to make it look like you ran a highlighter over it. It's great for highlighting specific parts of posts or messages that you're quoting - Bold, italics, and underline are not nearly as good for this purpose IMO. We even have a little button for it in the editor toolbar so you can select the text and highlight it without having to manually add the BBCode (our button looks like a little paintbrush with yellow tipped bristles).

Any chance on getting this added? :)
  2. James

James Well-Known Member

If you look here you will see a little button:

This button will let you set a background colour, effectively highlighting it. I am assuming it's going to be easy to create a custom toolbar assuming TinyMCE, by default, allows you to create custom toolbars.
  3. The Sandman

Yes, if you use bright yellow as the background color this is the effect I'm talking about.
  4. James

James Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm saying even if it isn't included by default you can add it to the editor using a custom toolbar :)
  5. The Sandman

Gotcha. Maybe with enough likes it will be included by default. :D
  6. Green Cat

Green Cat Active Member

Would be nice to have in the core IMO.