Lack of interest [Suggestion] Helpful Posts

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

John L.

Well this suggestion could go hand in hand with the like button, but it's slightly different. While you can like a post, that doesn't mean it's 100% helpful. A lot of blogs have comment systems where users can rate posts as helpful or not and when they reach a threshold they are automatically hidden. It would be great to have a feature like this where we can set the ability for users to mark posts as helpful or not. Making it customizable for each individual forum and limiting it to particular usergroups would be great as well. If a post has been marked as negative, it would be great to ghost that post with a little warning for users stating "This post has been marked as unhelpful and may not be worth your time." Then they can open the post if they so choose.

What do you guys think?

EDIT: Sorry, I thought Suggestion was a prefix that is automatically applied. :(

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
id like to be able to 'weight' each button how i see fit, and label it with whatever wording i want. basically 'like' 'helpful' etc all being definable on different levels such as the actual button text (like) and how it is weighted into some sort of scoring system (+/-x) with differing options for a +/- outcome (reward/nonreward).
unfortunately, it has been made pretty clear that we cannot be trusted to have any kind of negative feedback functions to the user (dislike, unhelpful), so this isnt likely to happen.

EDIT: Sorry, I thought Suggestion was a prefix that is automatically applied. :(

No need to apologize, :)

I would rather we added the Suggestion to the thread title. That way we can go through it and see if it is a suggestion (or discussion, or bug), and move/tag it accordingly.

Cool, thanks Lawrence. I'm pretty sure this is something a plugin or mod could do as well, but just a thought about possibly making it official with the software.

Top Bottom