Lack of interest [Suggestion] Give stickies a different bg color in thread view.

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Vincent

I think there has to be a different bg for stickies in the thread view.

I keep thinking 'Huh? Why don't the first 2 topics show as unread', and than I find out it are stickies.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
You will be able to do this when you customize your site because there is a"sticky" CSS class for stuck posts. Kier mentioned that he did it this way to sort of prevent users from skimming over the stickies and not reading them because they now look like regular posts (with the exception of the thumb tack icon).

You will be able to do this when you customize your site because there is a"sticky" CSS class for stuck posts. Kier mentioned that he did it this way to sort of prevent users from skimming over the stickies and not reading them because they now look like regular posts (with the exception of the thumb tack icon).

Announcements are things you want people to read.
Stickies are cool threads moderators stick because than people don't have to look for them.

That's my definition of announcements and stickies...

Announcements are things you want people to read.
Stickies are cool threads moderators stick because than people don't have to look for them.

That's my definition of announcements and stickies...
Stickies are also used to keep important information regarding the particular forum (including rules) at the top. That's why Kier thought it was important to not let them "stick out" so much so that people would actually read them.

Top Bottom