Lack of interest [Suggestion] Disable Follow (of members) feature

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Poltergeist

I'm sure many people will say its the greatest thing since Crunchy Peanut Butter but I don't care.

While in many cases forums will use and love the feature I know many people will feel uncomfortable with it. I can just hear the complaints of Big Brother (not the TV show) and 1984 etc etc. Users will need to have the option and selecting if they can be followed or not. I would really really like the option in the Admin area of being able to turn it off and set a default for new users.

I can see where you were trying to go with this feature but I'm not sure its the kind of thing that every site can (and will want to) use.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Well it is the equivalent to the friends features on other forum software, so I don't think it will be able to be disabled, but I believe members will be able to choose if they want to allow other members to follow (be-friend) them or not etc etc.

Yeah I got a ton of complaints about the Friend requests when vB added without the ability to turn it off. I would really like to not have to deal with it again.

It would be very important to be able to completely disable this feature using the Admin CP. I would think many admins don't want this sort of function on their forum.

I don't see the problem if someone 'follows' you on a forum. Just means they're interested in what you're posting, and whatnot. That said, I support an on/off feature. To each their own.

Unfortunately you always have those users that want to stalk someone and do nothing but give them a hard time. Granted they can just search for posts by the person they have a vendetta against, but this just seems like another tool to help them. I'm 50/50 on if I would have this turned on for myself if it was an option. 1 side I really don't care on the other side it seems a little weird.

Top Bottom