Lack of interest [Suggestion] Comment on Why Did You Like This Post

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Defqon

After you click the "Like" button , a "Comment on why did you like this post" link could appear somewhere under the post.
When you click it , then there appears a small and basic editor to post your reply on why did you like the post.
Comment is optional ofc , not necessary.

"User" likes this.
[Mini-avatar] <reply here>

Well , something like that ..

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
As long as it's not a pop up I do not see why you would not want this. It could be a simple textfield appearing below the post, with the option to ignore it.

It's fun to send each other a message when giving a like, and for the ones that really do not want it, you can always include an admin disable option.

I don't want anything extra on post view is my point :)

If someone wants to give a reason they can always PM, I have said before I don't like the idea of having to justify why I give likes... it should be spontaneous and having to take the time to write it out and think about it just puts me off the whole idea.

There is no harm in it, other than it will clutter up the beautiful clean post view, if a post had 20 likes can you imagine the huge field of crapola that would be visible as every one gave their reason for liking.. argghghg.. and it could add bloat and possibly delay the release of the product. But of course that is just my opinion :)

Just recording a no vote for this idea, but if it does end up implimented, can it please by an ACP setting as I would never activate it.

There is no harm in it, other than it will clutter up the beautiful clean post view, if a post had 20 likes can you imagine the huge field of crapola that would be visible as every one gave their reason for liking.. argghghg.. and it could add bloat and possibly delay the release of the product. But of course that is just my opinion :)
Wait... I understand now. I totally agree the messages should never show up in postbit, only in the control panel of the user.

If it's implemented I also hope that we could elect to turn this off, because to me, it would just make too much of a chore out of the whole thing. And I don't mean that to be unkind - it's a clever idea, but maybe better on paper than in practice.

those comments could be hidden by default , and a click is required to see them ..

Yeah it could.. I just don't think any of it is necessary, to me it kills the spontaneous joy of the Like! It should be quick it should be without too much thought... I like that! Bam! Like button hit.... If you have to think about it, it no longer works in the same way...it becomes a chore as anotheralias said.

The current software I use has positive and negative rep .... and frankly it is a chore, no one uses it.. because it is seen as some deadly serious thing.. there is zero joy in it. Here it is very different, I see people spontaneously Liking all over the place, it is wonderful :D

If you* are so moved by a post you want to tell the person why you liked it, then PM them, everyone loves a PM (well except us admins who have too many) * by You I mean One :)

This would be better suited to a mod imho :)

The current software I use has positive and negative rep .... and frankly it is a chore, no one uses it.. because it is seen as some deadly serious thing.. there is zero joy in it.

I ditched the rep system a long time ago for the same reason. And really, how much praise do people need? Why deliberately turn them into praise junkies by forcing someone to elaborate on why they liked a post? Someone liked the post - enough said.

Doesn't this defeat the purpose of the Like button?

It has been created to stop pointless posts like "+1", "yeah", "LOLZ", "This!", etc.

If you have something to say why you like a posting.. than reply to it or send a pm.

I just don´t see any sense in it. Why do you want to open up another way to communicate? There are public and private ways allready handled by the software.

i think if youre going to have a like system, it needs to be viewed as such and not confused with reputation/karma. in my perfect world people could agree/disagree with each other all day long without interference.
so far as reputation goes, its not a bad system once you hack templates and improve the woeful integration. imo reputation is underutilised due to the fact it is not readily obvious that it is there, or what it does, how it works, and so forth (just like social groups, albums, blogs, etc etc).
its somewhat frustrating for me to watch things being dismissed as unworthy based upon a piss-poor implementation.
hopefully k&m have learned from past mistakes.

Just throwing in my 11 cents, because I thought I saw this somewhere on here previously but don't see it anywhere now. This is one of the most popular features of my vb and probably the one thing my users would miss. It really cuts out all those OT, 2 word "thanks!" posts.

I actually changed my mind since Sept 2. I do not want this anymore. The current Like is simple and nice. Probably best to keep it that way.

Top Bottom