Lack of interest [Suggestion] Admin & Moderator signature SEO Permissions

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Chromaniac

I am not sure if I am the only one who think that admins should have the option to have their signatures displayed on their posts even if the user has disabled signatures.

The idea is that mods and admins might have important messages in their signatures. And they can enforce everyone to view them irrespective of their settings.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I've never seen staff signatures used for important messages relating to official forum business - can you give me some examples of this? Or do you mean stuff like "Please don't PM me with questions"?

I think there are much better ways of conveying important information to the community.

Also, I don't believe that very many members disable signatures, but then again I have no data to back up this suppostion.

well staff member signatures are a handy place for a couple of links to import posts/sections on the forum. i have no specific use for it. it was just something i felt when i was browsing through the forum with signatures turned off. :)

so basically looking for feedback for this sort of an option...

It comes down to this for me: if I can't make the sigs go away, I'll go away. Even Admin sigs. I don't want to have to read "don't PM me" a hundred times a day.

A mod would be fine. I guess XF should make a new section here for features that are suggested for third party developers interested in ideas for mods for XenForo!

A mod would be fine. I guess XF should make a new section here for features that are suggested for third party developers interested in ideas for mods for XenForo!
I'm sure that when the modification forums are added there will be a place to do that. I can see where this suggestion would be useful for some forum owners.

I would like to suggest some extra options that will allow to select wether Admin and/or Moderator signatures are shown to guests independently from all signatures.
ACP > Options > Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)

Argument: Signatures are a great way for admins and moderators to point members and guests to certain functions and information... or to simply add some important information, It is my opinion that adding extra options to be able to select wether admin and/or Moderator signatures are displayed to guests would be a beneficial option.

Top Bottom