Lack of interest [Suggestion] Add "Has Attachment" as part of criteria for Search Forum nodes

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Kevin

Our use case is likely limited but it'd be great if "Has Attachment" was an option for the criteria when creating a Search Forum node.

Background: For our photography forum we have a mix of existing forums that contain both threads with images and discussion only threads. When creating a new Search Forum node one item that I'd like to see is only picking up threads that have attachments in combination with some of the other existing criteria items. That way we could, for example, have a virtual master 'showcase' node that contains threads from other gear specific 'showcase' nodes but with some of the extraneous discussion only threads filtered out.

Upvote 6
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This is the exact purpose of Attachment Mirroring, but Gallery is required.

This is the exact purpose of Attachment Mirroring, but Gallery is required.
I'm not seeing how mirroring attachments would have any impact on what I'm suggesting.

I'm not seeing how mirroring attachments would have any impact on what I'm suggesting.
You can set up a gallery to mirror attachments from a specific forum, so you could have Ford Mustang images and discussion on the forum, and the images only in the Mustang category of the gallery. You could use a redirect sub-forum to link to it.

You can set up a gallery to mirror attachments from a specific forum, so you could have Ford Mustang images and discussion on the forum, and the images only in the Mustang category of the gallery. You could use a redirect sub-forum to link to it.
Any use of the gallery would be predicated on a goal of just viewing photos. For a site like ours the focus is often conversation about the images (such as multiple photos in the same post for comparison) and the gallery is ill suited for that. For our community with our members threads are the main focus and steering people to the gallery would actually reduce activity.

The problem with the logic of filtering those with attachments to create an image showcase is, there could be a 9,000 post discussion-only thread and someone uploaded a PDF and it pulls it to showcase. Or one image. etc.

The problem with the logic of filtering those with attachments to create an image showcase is, there could be a 9,000 post discussion-only thread and someone uploaded a PDF and it pulls it to showcase. Or one image. etc.
Might be a problem for some, wouldn't be for us (since we only allow image attachments and are our members are on point about what they post in the on-topic forums).

But there could be a 'problem' with any of the existing criteria filters, adding one more just gives admins some flexibility for those who could use it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Top Bottom