1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest [Suggestion]About my account

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by bookmark, Aug 24, 2010.

1. bookmark

bookmark Well-Known Member

I'm not sure whether below picture states clear enough:)
    1-The "preferences" is duplicated
    2-Suggest changing the “Your news feed/Your Alerts etc.” to "My news feed/My Alerts etc."
    3-Separating "My Thread" and "My Post" from My content.

Attached Files:

KURTZ likes this.
  2. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

1. agree
    2. agree
    3. thinking about ...

3. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

Im pretty sure all these things will be polished of in due time :)

4. James

James Well-Known Member

The duplicate preferences link was because people felt like the original link wasn't direct enough. I'm sure the duplicate links will be replaced... or if they're kept it's probably as placeholder text.

The whole "your", "my" naming convention will need to be kept the same to ensure consistency, so it's either all Your or all My.

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

6. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

Yes, this has already been discussed to death ;). But, you are right:

7. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

8. bookmark

bookmark Well-Known Member

Yes,I saw it.That's good.

9. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

Just 'Preferences' I would place at the top. They are more important and will be clicked more than 'Personal details' and definitely more than 'contact details'.

10. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I agree with that. Most people I know, once they set their preferences don't mess with them much at all.
    Personally, I find that I click on my personal details and contact details much more often than preferences.

11. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

I think you're right, I'm confusing vB options with XF preferences... Contact details are in fact also preferences... but yeah Personal details might be the one that is updated most often.

12. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

Well... if you compare the link-order in the UDM (Username Dropdown Menu) <--- we need some kind of indication for this menu... who has a better one? ... to the link-order in the Your Account menu, they do not make sense. The order is different. I really like the order in the Your Account menu, because they seem to be ordered by their importance/amount of usage. Whereas with the UDM... I wonder what the thoughts are behind that order? It seems random?

Not that it is any problem... everything is easily reachable through the UDM. I love XenForo's UI/UX.

13. James

James Well-Known Member

I love the current UI of XenForo and I believe we can't please everyone.
    Sure, we could log how often they're used and create a script to rearrange them in order of how frequently used, but that'd be wasted resources IMO.

I love it at the minute and it barely takes 30 seconds to scan the list of the UDM (new XF acronym!), so it's not a major inconvenience though I may end up categorising it according to the functions.

14. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

I liked the old one better - even though it looks like some parts is duplicated.

15. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

16. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There are links for that on your profile page on the Information and Postings tabs.

17. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Yes, but wouldn't it make sense to have a link in Your Content as well? Preferably towards the top instead of all the way at the bottom?