[Suggested] Members who visited today

While it was fun to use on vB, nobody used it, I asked around - most didn't even know it was there.
If you want to know who's online, be online. And if you can't and come back later, their 'new posts' should disclose who have been online and active.
I think it will just add clutter to the frontpage of XF and I think it's not needed, but suitable as addon for those who want it.
Just my opinion.

OT: And you Floris, it's certainly been a while ;)

Perhaps even a more advanced functionality version could be made, to say filter out those who have been online today and only display those who you "Follow"?

This could be quite a useful addition I think.

hey Dream, glad to see you here ... waiting for the radio & tv add-on for this platform ... :D

I'm thinking about a "Streaming Player and Database" actually, but I won't be putting pressure on the devs for a plugin system at this early stage I think :)

Oh, I currently use it to see how my registered member useage changes at a glance (cause I don't really do the formal stat thing). And just to see if someone I'm waiting on a response from has been on the board yet lol

It's a very useful tool for admins to see the activity flow on a daily basis for boards with a smaller membership.

I do apologize in advance but I have never seen the point of this. If someone visits a forum, while not being 'invisible', then goes 'invisible', they are listed on that page for 24 hours with no way to delete the information.

On our site, it would only discourage people from being visible because some people would not want their visit recorded for a variety of personal reasons.

If I wanted to make my site look more busy I would turn up the time online from 15 minutes to something greater.

No need to apologize at all. I have always disliked it very much when I visited forums (especially more popular ones) that presented me with a huge list of members on the frontpage who visited the site in last 24 hrs. Hey hoy. I don't care! :mad:. Yes, I understand the beneficial reasons people see in this for smaller sites, but surely what good does it do when I discover (eye-scanning manually) in a list of 124 (or 230 or 326... or any other big number) people that my favorite friend/follower 'Miss X' has been on the site (doesn't even had to post anything) 11 hours ago?! Come on. I am interested in who is online NOW. And yes, ofcourse I am interested in what my friends/followers are posting or have been posting recently , that's why there's the 'Your News Feed' function in XenForo, but give me any good functional reason why I need to know that 124 members (where maybe only 2 of them are my friends/followers) of the site have just been online (and they didn't even had to post anything) yesterday?!

Top Bottom