Suggested change to default xenforo.com 1.2 (Redactor) editor toolbar CSS

CTXMedia

I'd like to suggest a small change to the CSS for the new Redactor editor toolbar:

Code:
.redactor_toolbar li.redactor_btn_group ul {
  margin: 0px;
  overflow: hidden;
  background: linear-gradient(to top, rgb(206, 206, 206) 0%, rgb(255, 255, 255) 100%) repeat scroll 0% 0% transparent;
  box-shadow: 1px 1px 1px rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.5);
  border-radius: 3px 3px 3px 3px;
  padding: 1px;
  border: 1px solid rgb(190, 190, 190);
}

.redactor_toolbar {
  font-size: 0px;
  padding: 0px 0px 0px 2px;
  position: relative;
  left: 0px;
  top: 0px;
  line-height: 0;
  background: linear-gradient(to bottom, rgb(255, 255, 255) 0%, rgb(215, 215, 215) 100%) repeat scroll 0% 0% transparent;
  list-style: none outside none;
  border-bottom: 1px solid rgb(195, 195, 195);
}

Changing from this:
upload_2013-6-6_0-52-8.webp

To this:
upload_2013-6-6_0-49-37.webp

Last edited:
I actually personally prefer the second one, but the default one sets the buttons apart more in my eyes (which is better for defaults I think). (y)

I really like the 2nd. It still stands out more than the TinyMCE buttons did so I don't think it'd be an issue.

I am not a huge fan of the way the editor looks now, but I appreciate it is easier to style than TinyMCE and I know you've already heard such complaints :rolleyes:

I'd like to suggest a small change to the CSS for the new Redactor editor toolbar:

Code:
.redactor_toolbar li.redactor_btn_group ul {
  background: linear-gradient(to top, rgb(206, 206, 206) 0%, rgb(255, 255, 255) 100%) repeat scroll 0% 0% transparent;
  box-shadow: 1px 1px 1px rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.5);
  border-radius: 3px 3px 3px 3px;
  padding: 1px;
  border: 1px solid rgb(190, 190, 190);
}

.redactor_toolbar {
  font-size: 0px;
  padding: 0px 0px 0px 2px;
  position: relative;
  left: 0px;
  top: 0px;
  line-height: 0;
  background: linear-gradient(to bottom, rgb(255, 255, 255) 0%, rgb(215, 215, 215) 100%) repeat scroll 0% 0% transparent;
  list-style: none outside none;
  border-bottom: 1px solid rgb(195, 195, 195);
}

Changing from this:

View attachment 48131

To this:

View attachment 48130

First off, nice work Shaun and I like the second one also i have to say. :thumbsup:

Perhaps start a poll with the current redactor style and the blue modified one? Personally I like the default editor grey look since it's neutral, where too much blue on that one for me drowns it out. Would be interesting to see what the results are since a few people now have took a liking to the blue variation.

No cause I like blue period. Just a personal preference. Not something I'd try to force on everyone as a developer.

BUT if they did add it, I think that it would fit the site perfectly since it's the same color as the default. Then the editor color should be some property in Style Properties so that it is easy to change for any style you use.

Perhaps start a poll with the current redactor style and the blue modified one? Personally I like the default editor grey look since it's neutral, where too much blue on that one for me drowns it out. Would be interesting to see what the results are since a few people now have took a liking to the blue variation.

I like the neutral. Fit in more naturally at first with my color schema than blue would.. blue would look a "little weird".
example1.webp

I like the neutral. Fit in more naturally at first with my color schema than blue would.. blue would look a "little weird".
View attachment 48467

I think this is just one of those situations where it wouldn't matter which colour was default it wouldn't suit a % of people. in anycase, the majority of people will enhance it to their needs when 1.2 is made public.

Edit: I'm happy with the default look but will still be enhancing it. Style it rather t0 my own preference .

I think this is just one of those situations where it wouldn't matter which colour was default it wouldn't suit a % of people. in anycase, the majority of people will enhance it to their needs when 1.2 is made public.

Agreed, but a neutral color would give me more time to work on the other parts that I know are going to need fixing. ;)

Why not just have a couple of pre-configured ones
1) Neutral
2) Blue
3) God-awful green
4) Horrible red
5) Outrageous Pink
:ROFLMAO:

Agreed, but a neutral color would give me more time to work on the other parts that I know are going to need fixing. ;)

:D I'm already starting on my editor now. Slow process designing the icons but getting there. And i agree with you regarding the neutral colour.

Edit: Don't knock the green. :P

@Brogan, the green comment was a 'jest for you' special. ;)

It's funny really because at another site years ago I loathed green because of those HYS the old Dark styles and bright greens & limes which put me right off green. Since xenforo it's only then that 99% of the styles i've created have been prominently green. Long live the green. :D

I think it all depends what variation of green you use.

O/T I only went with green because blue was out (obviously) and red = Ferrari (spits) so it was green or orange :D

Top Bottom