Please, the bigger the sites, the better. My site is ~400,000 members with ~4 million posts and I get ~40-50,000 unique visitors a day. The site is quite busy but I have noticed terrible trends. After seeing the destructive IB development and vB4 being launched when it did with the bugs it had, I knew the direction in which they were heading. My site was being attacked by the search traffic redirect exploit at the time for weeks and so I knew I had to get off of vB and move to another platform. Unfortunately, I had chosen IPS (IP.Board, IP.Content, IP.Nexus). I've analyzed my data and it's just terrible. Loss in ad revenue (big loss), loss in traffic, higher bounce rates (~35% increase ), less time spent on the site, less pageviews per visit and per day, slower site, less activity in terms of posts/threads per day, etc. The list goes on and I've posted many graphs at IPS as well as on BBA about these terrible trends I've noticed. IPS has pretty much ignored me up until recently when quite a few of us bigboards have been complaining about terrible stats and performances. But they still don't think it's the software's fault (HA!).
Sorry for the slight rant. What I'm looking for is people moving from any platform. Ideally, I'd like to see some bigboard stats. Things I'm looking for:
- What software did you move from?
- What made you change?
- Did traffic (more specifically uniques/day) increase/decrease? By how much?
- Has your bounce rate changed? How much?
- Pageviews per user and per day changes?
- Time on site changes?
- Ad revenue increase/decrease? How much (if you would like to answer, a percentage is fine)?
- Posts/threads per day before and after conversion
- Registrations per day before and after
- Site speed changes?
- Member's thoughts and opinions on the switch both right away and after a few weeks/months
- How are your SERPs doing? Did they bounce up right away? Have you been noticing better results than what you had in the previous software?
I'm really hoping that I can get some answers here. In all honesty, I think I have no choice but to try this though I would like to feel more at ease if I knew others had a successful conversion (and it seems like small sites do well when converting even to IPB so I don't really want those stats unless it's a HUGE difference - I mean...for most small sites the only direction to go is UP). My site is spiraling downwards looking at the stats. I have a huge following which helps keep us together and a lot of great unique content but I definitely could see us doing better. We have tried everything to improve user experience on the site and seem to be coming up short all the time when looking at stats.
Thanks for reading this and thank you to those that will provide information for me to evaluate.