Succesfuly migrated from phpbb to xf, Now whats next?

swatme

hi all

i love xf!
i successfuly migrated from phpbb to xf (via vb impex)
now everything is ready,

Now how can i inform my users to have a password reset?
1. Global Announcement? where

2. Want to have notice on SIDEBAR (above the Staff Online Now text)
informing Users to reset their password.
Where can i do that?

Create a template called password_reset.
Add this code to it:
Code:
<xen:if is="!{$visitor.user_id}">
<div class="messageText ugc baseHtml">
    <p class="importantMessage"><b>If you haven't already done so, click <a href="{xen:link 'lost-password/'}" style="color: #CC0000">here</a> to reset your password.<br/ >
    If you encounter any problems, click on <a href="{xen:link 'misc/contact/'}" style="color: #CC0000">Contact Us</a> or <a href="mailto:administrator@yoursite.com" style="color: #CC0000">send us an email</a>.</b></p>
</div>
</xen:if>

Then you can include that template in the sidebar, forum_list or page_container templates wherever you like, using <xen:include template="password_reset" />
Or you can just add that code directly to the templates, which is what I did for the 'home' page.

The if conditional is so it only shows to visitors who aren't logged in - obviously to be logged in they must have managed to reset their password so there's no point in showing the message any longer.

You can also send an email to all users advising them to reset their password by clicking on the lost password link.

If you visit my site you will see it in action in the sidebar on the 'home' page: http://www.cliptheapex.com

Top Bottom