Submit replies without approval but not threads

themago

"Submit content without approval" should be divided into each type of content. Submit threads without approval, submit replies without approval. Etc.

Is this possible either with an addon or natively? Seems like a pretty big oversight.

Under what circumstances would this be of use?

The point of needing approval is to weed out spammers, spammers and trolls who might try to post whether it’s a reply or a new thread.

The point of needing approval is to weed out spammers, spammers and trolls who might try to post whether it’s a reply or a new thread.

The particular bot that is spamming my forum only creates new threads

Where as the roughly three thousand legitimate new members that signup daily want to submit legitimate replies, which all go into the approval queue

There are uses for approvals besides spam prevention. I looked at it for a focussed forum where I wanted content control over the original posts but didn't need it for the replies. Basically, I wanted there to be an "editor" who decided what was accepted for publication, to put it in literary terms. And I think I did it, too, just don't have access to my ACP right now to figure out how.

There are uses for approvals besides spam prevention. I looked at it for a focussed forum where I wanted content control over the original posts but didn't need it for the replies. Basically, I wanted there to be an "editor" who decided what was accepted for publication, to put it in literary terms. And I think I did it, too, just don't have access to my ACP right now to figure out how.

The only way to do it that I can see is on a per forum basis but it moderates ALL threads instead of just a certain usergroup

Top Bottom