Not planned Sub Forum (threaddisplay)

Shelley

Just curious whether the devs (and comunity) feel it would be better for the subforums (thread display) to have a 2 coloumn layout if more than one is created? Rather than display vertically on top of one another side by side would be a efficient way of saving space. (Mockup Below)

Attachments

• subforum_threaddisplay.webp
    subforum_threaddisplay.webp
    33.4 KB · Views: 42
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I like your mockup Shelley.
The only issue might be if the name of the forum is a bit on the longer side and you are viewing the forum on a low resolution (eg on a netbook)

Just curious whether the devs (and comunity) feel it would be better for the subforums (thread display) to have a 2 coloumn layout if more than one is created? Rather than display vertically on top of one another side by side would be a efficient way of saving space. (Mockup Below)

I had actually thought of doing that to a template on one of my vB sites

I rather they be in a single panel, but I would prefer a two column layout.

With just a space between the sub-forums (Just enough to show they are separate), I think it would be much cleaner.

As long as the forum title isn't too long, that would be a nice layout.

Have to make sure it works for the fixed width style too though.

it will be too hard to manage on a global scale (many customers)

some members will complain why one box is bigger than the other (long titles/description will make box bigger)

others will complain about spacing issues - floating the boxes may leave white-space

it will be too hard to manage on a global scale (many customers)

some members will complain why one box is bigger than the other (long titles/description will make box bigger)

others will complain about spacing issues - floating the boxes may leave white-space

If you give the subforum a 50% equality size (users able to select %) then I don't forsee this being a problem but more of a new feature to the forum world. On default boards anyway.

Spacing the boxes can be minute so it goes unnoticeable but enough to distinguish them apart. obviously there are other issues to deal with like sub forums with say 3 forums but I'm sure with some brainstorming here a solution can be found or the odd numbered forum expands to a 100% untill an even numbered is put in.

Top Bottom