1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Styling a select dropdown possible?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Myke623, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Myke623

Myke623 Active Member

An add-on I'm developing uses select dropdowns in forms for user input. For example:

The default xenForo style makes it quite difficult to see the black downward arrow indicating that this input is a dropdown menu, and that's when the control has focus. When it doesn't have focus, the downward arrow is completely lost against the black background.

If you open the form as a new browser tab (as opposed to an Overlay) then the black downward arrow stands out against the light background of the default style. But again, the problem arises in the dark style of the Overlay.

So my question is: can the downward arrow (currently black in colour) be styled when shown in an Overlay?
  2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

This is an issue with Chrome, not the style.

I think it's hard-coded somewhere, but I wouldn't know where.
    Myke623 likes this.
  3. Myke623

Myke623 Active Member

Ah, you're quite right!

Never mind then, I have a feeling it won't be worth the effort! ;)
  4. topcat

topcat Well-Known Member

sorry to bump this old thread, but has this ever been solved to make the arrow more visible in chrome?
  5. Myke623

Myke623 Active Member

I never pursued this any further, so I do not know of any solutions or workarounds for Chrome.