XF 1.3 Style/template changes to make user-editing of thread prefix (even) easier?

kontrabass

I'm wondering if anyone has any creative ideas to help me out. We have a large classifieds section, and thread prefixes are used to show items as FOR SALE, FOR TRADE, and SOLD.

Problem is, XenForo is still "new" and many members are having a hard time finding the little "thread tools" menu, editing their threads, and then clicking the little arrow on the existing prefix to edit it.

I'm looking for a way to make it easier for the user to mark a thread as SOLD, so we don't have to clean up our classifieds so often. Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Actually if I could just figure out how to write a link that would open up the "edit thread" overlay for the thread being viewed. I'd call it "Mark item sold" or similar, and I could then stick that link in the ad_below_breadcrumb template in the appropriate forums with conditionals.

You could increase the size of Thread Tools:

Code:
.PopupControl PopupClosed {
    font-size: 15px !important;
}

Use whatever size you want, obviously.

You could increase the size of Thread Tools:

Code:
.PopupControl PopupClosed {
    font-size: 15px !important;
}

Use whatever size you want, obviously.

Thanks! I think I also figured out how to add an extra link atop relevant forums, if I add this near the top of the thread_view template:

<xen:if hascontent="true">
<xen:contentcheck>
<xen:if is="{$canEditThread}">
<li><a href="{xen:link 'threads/edit', $thread}" class="OverlayTrigger">Don't forget to Mark Item Sold! Lorem ipsum</a></li>
</xen:if>
</xen:contentcheck>
</xen:if>

Top Bottom