Style Style preview: Nova

Russ

I'm excited to announce an upcoming style for our XF2 product line, it's called Nova.

home-nova.webp

it's a versatile style that's easy to adjust to make really unique looks:
nova2.gif

Nova is a clean detailed style that will give your forum a fresh new look. It comes in a light and dark color palette which you can take advantage of our new style switcher built into all our styles:
nova.gif

The nodes are laid are in a unique fashion with a minimal look but still shows the stats upon hovering:
nova-nodes.gif

The sidebar blocks also have little details while keeping them simple yet just awesome looking:
nova-sidebar.webp
It has our custom footer setup a nice easy to read format as well:

nova.webp

We'll be launching Nova early next week!

Hello.

I have a XF 2.0 installation (forum.politz.com.br) and I'm considering to buy your theme right now, but i have some questions first:

- It's bug free? Can i install for my final users right after the buy? And this is important: This Style is ready for XF 2.1?
- Since I'm brazilian, i do have to translate some things to Portuguese for my users. There is any phrase that i have to translate and can i translate this?
- Can i use personalized Awesome Icons for each node? And for the widgets? You guys can give me support to make this happen?
- How the customization on colors work? The users can change the colors or can i set a "default" version for everybody?
- Can i use images as a custom logo and a custom meta logo? I do have my logo.
- There is any customization for the user? Like the style that I'm using right now?
- If you guys can please look at my Forum and make any comments about it, like: this can be done with our style, this cannot be done, etc.

Hey @palhanow thank you for your interest.
  • I don't think any style is really bug-free :), that being said it's built on our XenBase framework which is constantly improving. If you find something wrong though we'll fix it. 2.1 will require a bit of work due to the Font Awesome 5 implementation but I'm hoping to have style updates out within a day or two of 2.1 being released.
  • We use certain default XF phrases for various bits, like the Change Width, or Change Style, in these cases we use the phrase 'change' and 'width' / 'style' .
  • Yes you can, we have an admin you can turn on to see the exact CSS you need for custom Font Awesome icons. You just need to pick your icon: https://pixelexit.com/documentation/custom-node-icons/
  • The only user custom changes that are in the style which save for the user are:
    • Change forum width
    • Collapse sidebar
    • Collapse forum categories
    • Change to dark style (light switch)
      We don't have any color choices the users can define, but you can choose your own colors to be the default for everyone.
  • Yes, we have Text or Image logo options, Nova ships out with a text based logo by default. We talk about setting logos and those meta sharing images here: https://pixelexit.com/documentation/getting-started/
  • With a few color changes on the color palette and some options you can get something similar to your current style (obvious with Nova specific looks), I can always guide you if you have specific questions
Let me know if you have any other questions.

Hello.

I have a XF 2.0 installation (forum.politz.com.br) and I'm considering to buy your theme right now, but i have some questions first:

- It's bug free? Can i install for my final users right after the buy? And this is important: This Style is ready for XF 2.1?
- Since I'm brazilian, i do have to translate some things to Portuguese for my users. There is any phrase that i have to translate and can i translate this?
- Can i use personalized Awesome Icons for each node? And for the widgets? You guys can give me support to make this happen?
- How the customization on colors work? The users can change the colors or can i set a "default" version for everybody?
- Can i use images as a custom logo and a custom meta logo? I do have my logo.
- There is any customization for the user? Like the style that I'm using right now?
- If you guys can please look at my Forum and make any comments about it, like: this can be done with our style, this cannot be done, etc.

As a very happy customer of Russ and Steve, I'd very strongly recommend them! No theme will ever perfectly suit your needs/tastes but their support is excellent and you'll get all help you need from them to make the little tweaks you want (and it's already building on a great foundation).

I just want to thanks all of you guys for the replies on my questions.

Russ, sorry about the e-mail with the same questions. You know, we, Forum administrators, live in a dynamic that everything is happening in real time, including the demands from our users.

I just finished the reading of the documentation available on your site and everything sounds easy to configure. I don't think I'm gonna to have any issues with this style.

I'm just going to wait this fiscal month to end (November, 10th) and i will proceed to the buy.

Your new style is exactly what i need. Thank you for your hard work.

As a very happy customer of Russ and Steve, I'd very strongly recommend them! No theme will ever perfectly suit your needs/tastes but their support is excellent and you'll get all help you need from them to make the little tweaks you want (and it's already building on a great foundation).

Thanks for your reply. Is good to know that we have proper support from the devs. No worries than.

I just want to thanks all of you guys for the replies on my questions.

Russ, sorry about the e-mail with the same questions. You know, we, Forum administrators, live in a dynamic that everything is happening in real time, including the demands from our users.

I just finished the reading of the documentation available on your site and everything sounds easy to configure. I don't think I'm gonna to have any issues with this style.

I'm just going to wait this fiscal month to end (November, 10th) and i will proceed to the buy.

Your new style is exactly what i need. Thank you for your hard work.

Thanks for your reply. Is good to know that we have proper support from the devs. No worries than.

No worries about the email :), it was Halloween last night so I was off with the family. We pride ourselves on the support we give and we hope you'll get to experience that support! Let me know if you have any further questions.

so when is nova 2.1 updates coming out?

We have a version of the style on our site for 2.1 Beta 3, it will run fine for the latest RC with just a few outdated templates if you're eager to test it out. If all goes well I'll be uploading a version for 2.1 RC 2 today/tomorrow though.

yes, I'm running the beta version on my forum. i will let you know when i upload the nova 2.1 Beta 3 but last time i had to delete the parent and uploaded the beta one im i going to do the same again?

okey when I upgraded to the beta version the site was messed up so even though i had uploaded the new nova beta version files so i had to delete the old parent and re-upload the nova beta parent style XML and then reassigned the child styles to the parent which fixed the issues I had.

okey when I upgraded to the beta version the site was messed up so even though i had uploaded the new nova beta version files so i had to delete the old parent and re-upload the nova beta parent style XML and then reassigned the child styles to the parent which fixed the issues I had.

Yes XF2.1 introduced a lot of changes and broke just about every third party style. That being said you should be able to simply:

1. Upgrade XenForo
  2. Import the latest version of our style, overwriting your parent style
  3. Fix any outdated templates on your child style

The last one can cause issues for a lot of folks, if you ever get stuck again or have trouble just submit a ticket and I'll assist you.

Is it recommend to install dark as child of light? So i have just set up light as parent style.

Top Bottom