Style Issues,

Martyn

Im stuck with my style, i want a dark style. but want it to look nice, i've tried editing many different section, but i cant get it to look nice, at the moment im stuck like this

Capture.webp

Was hoping to make it unique! Want it to look like the default and reason it's how it is so far is because the things I try I don't like so I revert it!

yea coming up with good color theme is always difficult :) Don't give up! It's not as simple as inverting the existing colors. Really, starting with a premade theme will save you a lot of time.

I'm also doing a dark theme and It took me 20+ hours adjusting and fine tuning my colors to get my page looks acceptable.

yea coming up with good color theme is always difficult :) Don't give up! It's not as simple as inverting the existing colors. Really, starting with a premade theme will save you a lot of time.

I'm also doing a dark theme and It took me 20+ hours adjusting and fine tuning my colors to get my page looks acceptable.
Color themes are pretty easy...

The best way to come up with one is to go browse around CSS galleries, use Kuler (http://kuler.adobe.com) or just look at photography. Eventually something will hit you and give you inspiration in what you want, and you just have to take it from there.

aw come on, I'm trying to encourage him here ;)
I actually meant it tongue in cheek, though it is partially true.

Its partially true though. Most designers I've talked to can't explain how they get from a concept (original inspiration) to the final product completely. For me, things just sort of click, or I'll get weird ideas and just put them into action and they either work or don't.

meh just to busy to sit here messing around o_O 2am now, been messing about since i got in from work 11pm and ill be up again at 7.30 with my son :(

The sliders will only do so much. Try venturing into the style properties and experiment with the css and once you feel comfortable with that migrate into the templates and tinker, that's where you'll get the better results, tinkering then failing, then failing a little more, then a little more until you ready to grab the monitor and accidentally knock it onto floor and then when you least expect it you'll would have mastered a technique that is both unique and something you'll like. It's about experimenting until you get something you like and then building up from that. Good colour usage goes a long way, styles don't necessarily have to be complex, the simplistic of styles I've seen have been the best visually I've seen but the sliders won't do this alone, there has to be those little touches to the visuals thrown in.

If that all fails, become inspired. (y)

Top Bottom