Stripe suddenly requiring additional verification

TheGroove

Wondering if this is just me, Stripe sent me the following email:

It’s important that we know what your business is selling, in order to make sure that it’s supportable under our Services Agreement

If we can’t verify this, we will eventually have to pause payouts to your bank account on November 3, 2022.

To avoid having your payouts paused, please complete the form below to provide some additional details. You can also access this form directly from your Stripe Dashboard.

So I followed up and answered their basic questions letting them know it's only for donations. Then they followed up with this:
Thank you for providing additional information about your business. Before we reassess your account for [your site] Access, there is still some additional detail that we need to collect. Can you please provide us with the following: Further details on the products and services you will be processing for through your Stripe account.
  • Photos of your inventory and invoices from your suppliers.
  • An updated website and a link to where we can see the products and services that you will be processing for through your Stripe account.
  • Links to any social media accounts you use for your business.

Once we hear back from you, we will review your information within 48 hours. Please let us know if you have any questions—we’re here to help. —The Stripe team

I have replied letting them know (again) it's strictly for donations and this site is an out of pocket venture. It's sounding like they may pull the plug, up until now I've had no issues with them. Anyone else?

This usually happens in Stripe, Paypal, Verse, etc... From the moment you start receiving large or small amounts but very frequently.
I currently also accept payments on my forum with Stripe, both donations and Premium subscriptions. I haven't received anything like it yet.

But in PayPal I remember that it arrived and after that, I sent them as much personal information as they requested, unfortunately they closed my account claiming that it did not comply with their commercial policies and blah, blah, blah.

We will have to be attentive, as advice I would send screenshots of the system that you have set up in the forums to accept donations. Although we don't know how stripe will act on this matter, I'll be watching the news to see how it all turns out.

Luck

Okay, just wanted to follow up that they reached back out to let me know I've successfully completed the review and they've re-enabled my payouts. Really odd that I was even picked for this audit in the first place after a couple of years of using it, my site doesn't generate much at all. Anyway, hopefully this will help anyone else out if they should run across it.

Okay, just wanted to follow up that they reached back out to let me know I've successfully completed the review and they've re-enabled my payouts. Really odd that I was even picked for this audit in the first place after a couple of years of using it, my site doesn't generate much at all. Anyway, hopefully this will help anyone else out if they should run across it.
I'm glad to read that everything went well.

Top Bottom