strangers2friends

petalstats

Hi everyone

I open strangers2friends up on the 31st december with a friend of mine,I did have a promotion forum and relised very quickly that we was not gonna make it work with a few great promotion forums out there already

I have just had a very new theme made for the forum today which is colorful and represents the rainbow,I hope that you will all like the new theme

We do have some empty forums at the moment but we have only added a few of them over the last few days.

S2F is basically a general chat forum where can chat about almost anything and everything,But we have also added a very new pet forum and a paranormal forum at the request of some members

I would like to take the time to thank you for you taking the time to few the forum and really hope that you will enjoy your visit

We are still working on the forum and doing some tweaks and stuff.And slowly will be filling up the empty forums
http://strangers2friends.co.uk

theme looks pretty.
my advice:
  1. Setup a title for forum
  2. Some text in sidebar and category headings are hard to read. Blue text on blue background cannot be a good idea.
  3. I think you should reconsider the color for breadcrumbs... It maybe be matches the theme but I think it could be better. And no I do not have a better idea. You probably can get one. :)
Good luck with your forum

The theme is not my cup of tea I'm afraid, the sidebar boxes are way too dark, you need to either lighten the text, or the background, same with the Breadcrumb, and title bars. The rest of it is by and largely the standard XF theme, so rather ho hum imho.

The very large background image took ages to load on my ADSL connection, and I absolutely hate the "Register or Die" message! I am sure it is meant in humour but it just makes me want to instantly click out of there.

Best of luck with your forum however, and well done for choosing the best forum software!

Because i had the theme made me i was wondering where do i find the sidebar template and also the strips which tell you the forum category so i can change the color please thank you so much if any one can help

Because i had the theme made me i was wondering where do i find the sidebar template and also the strips which tell you the forum category so i can change the color please thank you so much if any one can help

For the sidebar;

Quite a lot of them can be adjusted individually through the Style Properties, and if that is easier for you then do it that way, but I find it easier to do the following... add this into the template/EXTRA.css

Add the text colour you would like in the the appropriate places marked with #yourcolour.

Code:
.sidebar .section .secondaryContent a
{
    color: #yourcolour;
}
.sidebar .section .secondaryContent a:hover
{
}

.sidebar .username a
{
    color: #yourcolour !important;
}
.sidebar .username a:hover
{
}

.sidebar .pairsJustified dt
{
}

.sidebar .pairsJustified dd
{
}

.sidebar .section .secondaryContent .footnote, .sidebar .section .secondaryContent .minorHeading
{
}

.sidebar .section .primaryContent h3, .sidebar .section .secondaryContent h3, .profilePage .mast .section.infoBlock h3 {
    border-bottom: 1px solid #yourcolour !important;
}

For the Category Strips, you want to change them via the Style Properties - within the Forum/Node List group - Category Strip Title

you can change the colour there.

:)

Thank you so much for the lovely comments.Yes i think you have hit the nail on the head psychedelic i liked it as it was colorful and wanted some thing completely different. Thankyou for helping me with how to change the colors really appreciate all the help

Top Bottom