MG 2.0 Strange issue when upload bunch of images to XFMG

phong.vt

I'm experiencing a strange issue with XFMG, is whenever I upload 20+ images to an album, after all images uploaded and I need to click SAVE button to finish, it doesn't finish at all. It loads for a while (20s) then stop, nothing happens.

Then I open another tab to check in that album, I realize that parts of those images (around 12-15) actually uploaded and STORED in that album, but not all the images. Then I need to comeback to the upload tab, click SAVE button again, then it will continue uploading. I have to do it again and again until it puts all the images into that album and the upload page will redirect to album index, which means it finished upload everything.

Is that strange? A server error, XFMG bug or conflict with other add-on? I'm using this addon https://xenforo.com/community/resou...or-amazon-s3-for-file-storage-in-xf-2-x.6805/ to store data on Amazon S3.

Please advice. Thank you!

Is that strange? A server error, XFMG bug or conflict with other add-on? I'm using this addon https://xenforo.com/community/resou...or-amazon-s3-for-file-storage-in-xf-2-x.6805/ to store data on Amazon S3.
It could be related to that. Most likely you will be hitting some server limits here, be that some sort of connection timeout or a PHP limit such as max execution time.

If it is not something you can solve directly then it is possible to restrict the number of media items that can be uploaded at a time (perhaps 10 will work better) under Admin CP > Options > Attachment options.

That should reduce the amount of work that has to happen.

If you aren't already, I suggest making sure that you have a maximum width/height set for the images as this will reduce their file size, making them quicker to upload.

Then I open another tab to check in that album, I realize that parts of those images (around 12-15) actually uploaded and STORED in that album, but not all the images. Then I need to comeback to the upload tab, click SAVE button again, then it will continue uploading. I have to do it again and again until it puts all the images into that album and the upload page will redirect to album index, which means it finished upload everything.
I just got done uploading 60+ images (5-10MB each) and about 10 went into album X and the rest into album Y. I had to manually X into 'unsorted' category and then into Y from 'unsorted' as I didn't have permissions to directly move from X to Y even though I have permissions set to move my own media into own albums. Did you experience this? Or something different?

I'm not running that add-on and storage is local. Just wondering if we are still experiencing the same kind of error and if "SAVE" will fix it for now.

It could be related to that. Most likely you will be hitting some server limits here, be that some sort of connection timeout or a PHP limit such as max execution time.

If it is not something you can solve directly then it is possible to restrict the number of media items that can be uploaded at a time (perhaps 10 will work better) under Admin CP > Options > Attachment options.

That should reduce the amount of work that has to happen.

If you aren't already, I suggest making sure that you have a maximum width/height set for the images as this will reduce their file size, making them quicker to upload.
thank you for the quick respond, I will try that.

I just got done uploading 60+ images (5-10MB each) and about 10 went into album X and the rest into album Y. I had to manually X into 'unsorted' category and then into Y from 'unsorted' as I didn't have permissions to directly move from X to Y even though I have permissions set to move my own media into own albums. Did you experience this? Or something different?

I'm not running that add-on and storage is local. Just wondering if we are still experiencing the same kind of error and if "SAVE" will fix it for now.
I haven't experienced this issue. All my photos still going to the target album, but not all photos at once.

Reactions: frm
@Chris D :

I found out that whenever I click "SAVE" when uploading photos, it runs for 30 seconds then stop.

I tried to change PHP max_execution_time from 30 to 120, but it stills runs for 30s.

For Attachments option, I changed limit to 0, but still no luck.

Just wonder if anybody here have the same issue when upload 50+ photos to XFMG at once?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-06 at 11.44.49 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2019-01-06 at 11.44.49 AM.webp
    34.1 KB · Views: 3
Top Bottom