1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Storing Attachments on Seperate Server

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by dartho, Sep 10, 2010.

1. dartho

dartho Active Member

I've always made use of an 'uploader' system to allow members to upload files. The system I used could store them on a seperate server alowing me to make use of cheap storage/bandwidth for storing/serving what I considered to be non-core and/or bulky data whilst leaving my expensive, fast and limited bandwidth and storage space available for what I considered to be the core data - namely posts and threads.

This may not be utilised by many and as such not be worth implementing, but it's cedrtainly worth suggesting!

Thanks

2. Lycaon

Lycaon Well-Known Member

I don't use a seperate server but at the same time if I had the choice to I would.

3. Reeve of Shinra

Reeve of Shinra Well-Known Member

A lot of people want to use CDN's which falls in line with this suggestion.

I support this.

MGSteve and ChrisR like this.
  4. Jesepi

Jesepi Well-Known Member

5. dartho

dartho Active Member

Although I'm not suggesting a 3rd party, and not just images or media files - I'm suggesting xenforo still do the attachments management, biut on a seperate server

Walter likes this.
  6. Robert F Schmitz

Robert F Schmitz Well-Known Member

Where does this suggestion stand and what if any is the work-around? Is there a way to specify another server to use when members upload images and other attachments?

7. AlexT

AlexT Well-Known Member

Deleted