Add-on Store/Shop Addeon

• Thread starter Thread starter Nelson T.
  • Start date Start date
N

Nelson T.

The only addon for this feature is provided by *******.

From what I understand, there are pitfalls using his addons. I accept that.

But no one is working on an addon without these pitfalls.

This is typical of XF. It takes a lot of addons to emulate features that we need. But it is tough to get legitimate coders interested in providing those addons at a reasonable cost.

Sure, you could pay a legitimate coder 3000 pounds to do it if you could afford it. But not many can afford that, I would bet.

Ok, I will put this as respectfully as I can.

I will not use anything you create. Why?

Because your partner, Clement, ran MGC Products, and produced an addon for VB. He sold a lot of us MGC Chat for VBulletin. It had a lot of errors in it. And rather than support it, he disappeared from the site, closed his support web site, and closed the company without any notice to us whatsoever. This was his company and support website: http://www.mgcproducts.com/

Proof of what he did is here: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=168992

Taking money for an addon, providing no support when there are bugs (I asked him for a year), and then suddenly closing the company and site are irresponsible actions in my view.
Please do not contact us to do any support work for us, or suggest that we buy your addons. We will not.

I will no longer watch this thread, or respond to it.

Ok, I will put this as respectfully as I can.

I will not use anything you create. Why?

Because your partner, Clement, ran MGC Products, and produced an addon for VB. He sold a lot of us MGC Chat for VBulletin. It had a lot of errors in it. And rather than support it, he disappeared from the site, closed his support web site, and closed the company without any notice to us whatsoever. This was his company and support website: http://www.mgcproducts.com/

Proof of what he did is here: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=168992

Taking money for an addon, providing no support when there are bugs (I asked him for a year), and then suddenly closing the company and site are irresponsible actions in my view.
Please do not contact us to do any support work for us, or suggest that we buy your addons. We will not.

I will no longer watch this thread, or respond to it.
Oh.... yes, I remember that add-on, and that whole bone that never got picked; I guess until now lol.

Not helpful.
On the contrary... knowing how likely a coder is to support a mod is actually very helpful :)

Hand on heart I can say I bought RM Marketplace BETA as soon as it was announced as I had been asking Themescorp about it for a while...

On release and install I noticed a bug or two and left a support ticket outlining the problems.. An update was released the very next morning taking it up to BETA 2
Within 4 days we were installing BETA 5.. So in re-cap that is 5 releases in 6 days... DAMN good going I would say..

BETA 5 is not perfect but it is getting there and Clement has listened to a couple of suggestions I put to him and in fairness he has said they may have to wait for the next full release as he is more concerned with getting it stable and functional..

I speak as I find and I have nothing but praise for both Clement & Allen , regardless of other peoples opinions and past differences...

Regards...

PS: I seem to remember something similar with Michael who released microCART when XF was at v1.1.0 .. he gave up because of a witch hunt and left us high and dry, those that had bought it along with his other add-ons.. So please if you have nothing decent to say , please keep it to yourself.. I can't afford to keep buying add-ons that a developer abandons because of constant negative feedback...

Last edited:
Oh.... yes, I remember that add-on, and that whole bone that never got picked; I guess until now lol.

On the contrary... knowing how likely a coder is to support a mod is actually very helpful :)

Very helpful. A coder's track record shows how likely he is to support a product in future. There are still people over there looking for Clement to provide support for the addon they bought. Others have switched to a shoutbox due to the lack of support and his sudden disappearance. (although he logs in there regularly, he does not answer emails or posts).

...and you will notice that there was no response to my post from Clement, explaining why he abandoned his addon and support.

@TheBoss.. good luck to you. He is good until he isn't. I just pointed out his track record. You don't have to shill for him. I didn't have any "past differences" with Clement. I bought an addon, looked for support and got none.
That is fact. Go to the link I posted and you will see that in writing. People here have to stop making excuses for what are bad actions by some coders on here and hold them accountable for their actions.

This is my last say on this. If things happen, don't say I didn't warn you. (unwatches this thread)

@TheBoss.. good luck to you. He is good until he isn't. I just pointed out his track record. You don't have to shill for him. I didn't have any "past differences" with Clement. I bought an addon, looked for support and got none.
That is fact. Go to the link I posted and you will see that in writing. People here have to stop making excuses for what are bad actions by some coders on here and hold them accountable for their actions.

This is my last say on this. If things happen, don't say I didn't warn you. (unwatches this thread)

Regardless if you un-watch this I will post this anyway..

Is that not the case with every person on this planet..?
I care nothing for past track record of someone I don't know from Adam , as I said I speak as I find and post MY THOUGHTS not the masses..

People who live in the past , remain in the past and can never move on in life . By doing that you never get anywhere apart from where you are now.

Regards.

In the spirit of closure and second chances.... I actually DO know clement from Adam but am totally open to giving a second chance.

Let's face it, A LOT OF US jumped ship on Vbulletin as version 4 was crap... A complete downgrade if you ask me. On reflection, I'm perfectly willing to accept that the pain and frustration that led us all to Xenforo was felt doubly so by the Vb add-on developer community.

Let's hope things are different under Xenforo and as they say, the proof will be in the pudding.

That being said, this mod is useless for my specific need but good luck and best wishes.

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your understanding, you are indeed right, the main reason why I stopped MGC was the frustration of vB5 (I think you meant vB5 rather than 4).
I had been developing vBulletin for years (starting something like 10 years ago...) so yes that was a bit of disappointment.

I wasn't expecting to code for xF until Allan contacted me and take me out of my cave.

The structure has changed, we are 2 guys and Allan is doing this job to live so he won't disappear and will push me not to (which I don't intend to as xF philosophy ain't the same).

Nelson58 is hunting witches, I tried to have a conversation with him to stop this hatred but no answer...

Clément

Because your partner, Clement, ran MGC Products, and produced an addon for VB. He sold a lot of us MGC Chat for VBulletin. It had a lot of errors in it. And rather than support it, he disappeared from the site, closed his support web site, and closed the company without any notice to us whatsoever. This was his company and support website: BONSAI POTS, BONSAI TREES, BONSAI TOOLS, PRE BONSAI, PLANTS

I bought and used Clement's MGC Chat as well and ran it on my vbulletin big board. It was a cheap chat addon and indeed had errors in it. Clement always provided kind and quick support to me so that my chat could have 200 concurrent users in it. However, as vbulletin has been dying ever since vb4 launch in 2009, practically any developer has stopped supporting vbulletin products. I can't blame anyone for that.

I do hope that you do not expect anyone to read a 9000 post thread. I know most of it by memory, but still.

I for one am glad to see another talented developer in the XF community.

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your understanding, you are indeed right, the main reason why I stopped MGC was the frustration of vB5 (I think you meant vB5 rather than 4).
I had been developing vBulletin for years (starting something like 10 years ago...) so yes that was a bit of disappointment.

I wasn't expecting to code for xF until Allan contacted me and take me out of my cave.

The structure has changed, we are 2 guys and Allan is doing this job to live so he won't disappear and will push me not to (which I don't intend to as xF philosophy ain't the same).

Nelson58 is hunting witches, I tried to have a conversation with him to stop this hatred but no answer...

Clément

Hunting witches?
No, I'm hunting a guy whose reputation should follow him from VB to XF so that you don't do the same thing here that you did there.

I bought the pro version of your addon and asked you for support....for a YEAR. You ignored me. And others who asked you for support.

Then when I asked for a coder for an addon, you had the nerve to approach me to do the job.

You have never contacted me after that. Your statement above that you contacted me and got no answer is an absolute lie.

I have no hatred, I am just relaying the FACTS of your irresponsible behavior of selling an addon and then removing your site and disappearing.
Anyone can read the thread over there at VB, the link to which I posted, and see what you did.

You're both a liar, and an irresponsible person.
Anyone who buys anything from you had better beware.

The sad part is that you aren't alone on here- you are one of several extremely untrustworthy and irresponsible "freelance" coders that think nothing of taking money and providing a very poor product.

Caveat emptor. Buy at your own risk from this guy. That is all I will say in response.
As Chris D. has advised in the past, I will agree to disagree and move on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Technically speaking, and I dont speak for anyone here, but Ive rarely seen someone 'guarantee' support. You are technically buying the rights to use what was built, not have it supported or updated.

Coming from someone who answers nearly 100 PCs, threads, emails, requests for work, and tickets a day, on top of phone calls, I can appreciate the difficulty and stress in offering quality support. I care very deeply about the usefulness of my product to my customers, this is why I support my themes and add-ons, not because anyone is guaranteed anything after the sale, though I would agree its kind of implied. My customers come for the product, come back again for the support.

Many great developers fumbled in the past but recovered well, things happen. People miss a ticket or two completely accidentally. From what I've seen from @ThemesCorp they support their products well.

Top Bottom