Stop hotlinking images from other sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrispinP

Hi folks,

New XF user, still in the throws of migrating over from VB. Apologies if there is a better section for this.

I want to stop users using sites like photobucket and tapatalk for their imagine hosting. I don't want to stop the "act" but rather parse the tag, download the image locally and the use it as normal.

The issue I have with these is that people close PB accounts or rename folders etc which then makes my posts look fugly.

Is there an add-on which does this already? Happy to buy one.

Worst case I can write one myself - just thought I would do a shout-out.

I'm not worried about bandwidth, I care more for my content :)

Thanks
Crispin

You could use the built in image proxy. You can edit the settings to retain the cache indefinitely/forever.

New XF user, still in the throws of migrating over from VB. Apologies if there is a better section for this.
I posted on your other thread but just to reiterate, the customer area and forum are separate.

You will need to log in to your customer account and add your forum user name, not email address, to your account here: https://xenforo.com/customers/forum-users

It can take up to 10 minutes for the change to be applied, after which time you will have access to the customer forums and resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom